Restart not as bad as I thought (kinda long)

Options
Well I was doing great back in June. Started in May and by the end of June I was down 24lbs and 2 inches from my waist. I was rocking it. Then my wife got sick and didn't work the entire month of July and part of August. I ended up caring for our 3 small children (5, 3, and 1 in ages) completely solo and had to get a 2nd job to make sure bills got paid. Long story short my exercise was abruptly cut off. I was just exhausted and lost the will power to push myself into exercising late at night after everything else was done. Well I started getting round again in the belly area after I was starting to show some abs. I decided that now that she is back to work and I have help with the kids I am going to get back to it.
I initially told myself that last week was the time. I apparently wasn't committed to that and blew it the second day.
This weekend I sat down and made my plan and prepared myself mentally for the challenge of restarting this week. Yesterday was gonna be my first official day of starting over. I prepped by exercising Sunday night after supper and followed it up with a protein shake.

Well yesterday when I got up I weighed myself for a starting point and WOW! I was happily surprised to see that I had only gained back 6lbs. When I quit I was down around 204 and yesterday my new starting weight was 210. This made me very optimistic as I thought I was much closer to if not back at my initial starting weight of 227. Apparently the weight that I had gained back settled itself in my belly area so as to appear more than it was.

This has made me feel great about getting back to it. In fact I ate well yesterday and exercised last night just like I used to and I have already noticed a change in how I feel. I spring out of bed again like I did in the spring and I was tired in the afternoon. That was a huge problem for me before and during my routine in the spring while I was really doing well I never had that problem. I even weighed myself this morning (although I know daily numbers can fluctuate) and it showed 208. I have a wedding in 3 weeks (not mine). I was measured for my tux back when I was 204. I am very confident that if I stick to it I can get back down there in that time.
I still have the 2nd job ( at a restaurant, which is hell on my program) so I can't exercise everyday but at least I am active on my feet the whole time there.

I am happy to say that I am going to kick A** this time and nothing will stop me. I think the next time my wife or family ask me about Christmas presents my reply will be P90X!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :flowerforyou:
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and congratulations on your re-start! With your positive attitude you will be successful, no doubt! Best wishes! :bigsmile:
  • Tnrbeaner
    Options
    Reading this was just what I needed today - thanks! I love your spirit! All the best as you go out and kick a** : )
  • phenrichs
    phenrichs Posts: 102
    Options
    Thank you very much. It is a great feeling to have my confidence back.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!