WATER

I hate it.

In fact, my ingestion tract hates it.

I gag when I drink it.

I force it down my throat and more times than not...it finds its way back up :huh:

I try to chew ice (which I hear is not that great for the metabolism) but anyway, I am at work for 10 hours out of the day (including commute) ..no ice on site *sigh*

Any solutions and/or suggestions?

Replies

• PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Drink something else?
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Drink something else?

^^^ this
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    also is this water from the tap, sometimes water from the tap leaves a metallic taste in the mouth try a filtering your water and see if that helps, because water shouldn't have a taste and should actually be refreshing,
  • Yeah....
    I get this! My least fave and so essential.
    The minimum is 8 glasses - We are supposed to drink 1/2 our body weight in ounces everyday! Think about that for a second....

What about adding flavors? You know, the non-calorie kind. Not supposed to, but it is better than no water!
    Could you bring ice to work? Is there a fridge on site?
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    There are a lot of things you can add to it to change the taste. As long as it's calorie and caffiene free I count it as water.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    aldis has flavored sparkling water- no sodium, no cals- it's delicious, esp cold in summertime. many chain store carry some version of flavored water - Fruit2O is very good. vitamin water. add crystal light to it.
    eat 'watery' foods, like watermelon, cantaloupe ... crab legs .. stuff like that
  • try adding flavor to it? like crytal light or lemon slices if its in a glass?
  • My friend who hates plain water adds torini SF syrups or these stevia based flavor drops. I think they are called Sweetleaf.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Yeah....
    I get this! My least fave and so essential.
    The minimum is 8 glasses - We are supposed to drink 1/2 our body weight in ounces everyday! Think about that for a second....

^^MYTH^^
  • chewing ice does nothing for or against your metabolism. try falvoring your water with Mio or crystal light. eventually you will crave water
  • wgrape
    wgrape Posts: 40 Member
    Someone mentioned to me the other day that they drop a jolly rancher into a cup of water for a little flavor and few calories. I haven't tried it since I enjoy drinking water, but it might be worth looking into!
  • The only thing worse than water is slightly flavoured water :indifferent:

Anything powdered won't even go down my throat.

We have two water filters at home. One water filter built into my kitchen sink and the other on my refrigerator/ice maker. The tap here at work offers a liquid that smells like I'm deep in the forest lol.

Believe me, I do not have a weak stomach. I can/will eat just about ANYTHING. Texture is huge for me. I'll try intaking more water based foods.

We shall see.
  • I don't think it's about the actual chewing of the ice lol. It's more about 'ice water' vs. 'room temp. water'. Don't know about myths, but this is what was taught to me at registered massage therapy school.
    chewing ice does nothing for or against your metabolism. try falvoring your water with Mio or crystal light. eventually you will crave water
  • JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    I know you say the flavor drops aren't helpful, but if you haven't tried the Mio flavors, you should. I drink anywhere from 96 to 128oz of water each day and 16 of that is always with Mio for my lunch break at work. The sweet tea, fruit punch and pomegranate berry are really good. Haven't tried the others.

The right amount of water is essential to weight loss. I hope you find something that works!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    You need water - but you can get it from food and from other beverages besides plain water.