Help I am new.

Options
Hi I am Stacey, 21 and seriously over weight. I hate my image and it wrecks that all my friends are happy in relationships, getting engaged or pregnant. They are all maturing and getting on with getting older but I am stuck. I feel maybe by loggin my diet on here with people going through the very same thing or a similar battle as I may help this process.

Replies

• mrswellness
    mrswellness Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Stacey! Welcome. You are in the right place. You are still young and this is an awesome time to make a change. Logging what you eat does help you see how the choices you make affect your weight good and bad. Feel free to add me and I'll do my best to support ya
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP yoru home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than but load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.
  • krystalgwen
    krystalgwen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel i am also 21 and im watching all my friends move on and i just have to sit on the sidelines but you can do this ill add you as a friend were all here to support you.
  • jlayney
    jlayney Posts: 22
    Options
    Stacy, I am proud of you for taking the first step! You are brave! Listen, I'm 28 and still single. I have been through all the weddings, baby showers, etc. Don't worry about those things. When you take time for yourself to feel good and enjoy life- people will take notice! I have been going on a lot more dates since I started my weight loss journey last october. I have lost 30 lbs so far and am working on the last 20. I think it's because people are noticing my self- assuredness, not the fact that i'm thinner. The best advice I can give you is to eat like you usually do for the first few days you're on here- and log every single bit of your eating. This way, you can see where you may be "spending" too many calories. I also creaeted a category in my meal log that lets me freely admit when I binge on nighttime snacks- cookies, popcorn, wine, chocolate, etc.. I am doing much better with that now, because i know if I eat it, I will need to log it. Good luck, if you are truly ready to change your life, then it will happen! :)

J'Layne
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    btw, don't be in a rush as most people haven't really developed who they are until they are 30, A lot changes from 20 -30. No offense to your friends, but the reality is over 50% of marriges end in divorce and more keep going with unhappy participants. One major contributing factor is that people aren't the same person that they start out being when entering a relationship. Its sad, but once people make a commitment to eachother, whether it be marriage or a child, you are now making it that much harder to walk away in the future should one of you change. Its good that you are working on yourself first! Don't worry about your friends, TRUST ME you will be happier in the long run!
  • bbbgracious
    Options
    Greetings! I just started MFP last week and have incorporated it with my Weight Watcher's points. I really enjoy using the site. It provides me with the total amount of carbs, proteins, etc. that I have eaten for the day. I love the fact that I can record my workouts. I'm looking forward to see how MFP works to change my eating and living a healthy life style. I've officially lost a total of 2.4 lbs. and more to go....

You can do it Stacey! Be encouraged... :smile: