You can't handle the truth!

Options
binary_jester
binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
Or can you? So if you waled into a clothing store and saw a body scanner to help you fit clothing...would you use it?

Clothing Store Body Scanners Know Your Every Curve

http://gizmodo.com/5853065/clothing-store-body-scanners-know-your-every-curve

I think it's funny people will squawk about a full body scan by the TSA, but have no problem with this.

Replies

• ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't go shouting my size for all the store to hear...
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options

That & it doesn't display an image of my girly bits for all to see.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not being manned by the TSA, I would give it a go. :laugh:

Edited to say that I *never* go through the nude-o-scopes at the airport...matter of principle. Plus, when I refuse, I get a free "pre-flight massage". Win!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Yus! I would so use it tho xD
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Anything that saves me from having to try on clothes is okay with me. They can scan my *kitten* at the airport, too, if it saves me lining up for ages.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    i'd LOVE to try one of these! all the store size so differently, it'd be nice ta have an idea of where to start! much less frustrating than walking in and grabbing the size you wear in levi's only to find that lucky's are about 2 sizes smaller!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,051 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but will some guy come and frisk me? Because I'm down for that part.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    That's pretty cool!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    No. I prefer being the size in my head, thankyewverymuch! :bigsmile:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I would totally do this if it meant not having to try on clothes - or at least narrowing my options down!

But I don't have a problem with TSA scans, either. I have no expectation of privacy in airports - nor do I want it.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

although im flying to DFW Thurs...kinda nervous they'll give me *kitten* about my piercings
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes! I would totaly try it out!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Anything that saves me from having to try on clothes is okay with me. They can scan my *kitten* at the airport, too, if it saves me lining up for ages.

Same here.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with the airport scans so much as I don't appreciate the alternative if I refuse.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!! I love that idea!! As long as It gives a little print out (like a receipt) to help me shop for better fitting clothes.

I used the scanners at DIA last September... COOLEST THING EVER! Totally speeded up the line and you can see your little scan on the computer screens. I didn't really see my body parts or anything so I'm not like "Oh gosh, don't scan me, you perv!" It was like being in star trek or something! :-D I can't wait to do it again in December!!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind either of these things. The TSA scanner is a useful precaution, but a clothing size scanner sounds a bit extravagant to me. It might be a nice gimmick to get people to go to that store. I shop pretty much exclusively at thrift stores, so trying things on is kind of necessary.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I stand proudly in the naked machine at the airport haha. I wish every store would adopt these scanning machines, so much more efficient.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use it, but it's not so much about privacy for me. I don't imagine these machines ask for your name and DOB like TSA does before you step through their nudie scanners, so that's a bit different anyway.

I just don't think it adds anything of value to the shopping experience. I don't need measurements any more specific than what I can get with a tape measure at home. It's not like designers make a different size for girls with a 27.2749821 inch waist than girls with a 27 and a quarter inch waist. People are just lazy.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    As long as it's not being manned by the TSA, I would give it a go. :laugh:

Edited to say that I *never* go through the nude-o-scopes at the airport...matter of principle. Plus, when I refuse, I get a free "pre-flight massage". Win!

LMAO!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I stand proudly in the naked machine at the airport haha. I wish every store would adopt these scanning machines, so much more efficient.
    Please post an itinerary the next time you fly out.