Anyone change their carb allowance ?

Options
Hi I just changed my allowance from 165- 75 gram...has anyone else done this and did you see a change?

Replies

• ASUAlumniMamaof2
    Options
    The lower I keep my carbs the better results I see. :smile:
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have, but I just started today. I'll let you know if I see a difference. :wink:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I did. The only result I saw was my head hitting the pavement after a run because of lack of energy. I get a serious brain fog and dizzy spells when I limit carbs too much
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did and I have kept it that way ever since, I lost my wt that way and have been able to maintain it, just by eliminating bad carbs! I eat @ 100 grams a day of carbs and more on protein!
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sure did, if I don't limit carbs, I don't lose weight! I did 4 weeks of low calorie and exercise and nothing changed. After 1 week of low carb, I am down 3 lbs.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    yup! i lowered my carbs and upped my protein, weight is coming off a lot faster now!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Oh I completely changed my allowances. I upped my protein and fat and lowered my carbs. I'm still trying to find my best ratio. Everyone is different, and you just have to find out what works best for you!
  • brushe
    brushe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I havne't changed my allowances, but am finding that I don't eat near my daily carb allowance and exceed my protien goal by a mile. Fat goal is hit or miss.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I cycle my carbs in cooperation with my training days. I do a full body routine Mon, Wed, Fri and take 4 days off.

Mon: High carb day
    Tues: Low carb day
    Wed: Med carb day
    Thur: Low carb day
    Fri: High carb day
    Sat: Med carb day
    Sun: Low carb day

Rinse/repeat.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying everyone! I did 4 weeks of the standard allowance that MFP gives you ( ie 165 grams) and i felt taht that was way to much. I just made the change to day, so hopefully when I check back next week- my weight will be lower,

Good luck to all!!!
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have considered carb cycling- my goal is to lose weight- not bulk up at all. what ratios would be good?
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I use 40% protein 30% carb 30% fat
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I changed mine early on to 25% carbs, so it gives me around 100 g/day at 1500-1600, the average calories I eat, including exercise calories.

The beauty of MFP is that it can be customized to track whatever eating plan you want to follow.

I found that a combination of MFP calorie goals, together with the lower carbs of the Primal Blueprint eating plan, worked wonders for me.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I changed mine to 40%. I have noticed that my body seems to be happiest around 100-140 per day depending on activity. If I go too low carb I get brain fog and very irritable. If I make my carbs too highly processed (white flour baked goods or pasta) and eat too much of them I get a carb "hangover". I am usually under my allowance every day.
  • jjordan395
    Options
    I changed mine to 100g per day, but having a hard time finding foods to eat "on the go"
    I work full time and do night school.

Any recomendations on low carb foods that are quick and able to travel?