How stupid does my bum look on a bicycle ?

Options
I have a feeling it looks so big and everyone is looking!

is it worth it?

any ideas?

Replies

• mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    well its never going to get smaller with that attitude!!

think of it honestly, do you judge people on bikes?

I think the answer will be no.. so why do you think people judge you?

Get on that bike girly!!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    yeah, what she said...When I see someone doing more than I am doing when they are tackling their health I think "good for them!!" I even tell ppl this if i see them. Go for it.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    don't worry about how you look to others honestly everyone is so into their own lives they could care less
    you might as well catch fire and only a couple of people MIGHT go and help you
  • mindfulmunching
    mindfulmunching Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bike topless and nobody will even casually glance at your bum LOL
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    I have very few philosophies in life but here is one of my cardinal ones:

I don't give a damn about what you think about me!

Tell yourself that all day and enjoy your workout!

Take care!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options

OMG LOL!
  • marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter ~ you can't see it!!! Keep peddling!
  • limorg
    limorg Posts: 15
    Options
    I also think people look at me and my boyfriend funny cause he is much smaller than me :(
  • allie1904
    allie1904 Posts: 248
    Options
    I know my *kitten* is huge but hey at least it's getting smaller! :bigsmile:
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone here has said. You can't even worry about such a thing or you will never get out there. I cycle a lot and have seen all shapes and sizes out there on organized rides. Who cares? If you like to shop for fun gear, get yourself a cool jersey to help motivate you. Check out teamestrogen.com
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Try a recumbent bike. Your backside is beneath you where it belongs. takes a few minutes to get used to the balance.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the best advice that can be given:

“You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

and

“The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages.”
    ― Virginia Woolf

Are you REALLY going to let what someone else, who doesn't really matter, who may or may not be thinking something bad about you keep you from obtaining your dreams? Are you going to let someone else dictate whether you stay fat or get fit? Not me... chances are, if they're going to talk - they're going to talk whether I'm sitting down, walking or standing still... might as well give em something to talk about!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are probably more Sir-mix-lot wannabes out there looking in appreciation than those worrying that it's too big.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    LOL,, you are smart! Love your thinking.. thank you for making my day.
  • thebiggreenmachine
    thebiggreenmachine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling it looks so big and everyone is looking!

is it worth it?

any ideas?

I'm sure your bum looks better on the bike than the couch :happy:

Whenever I see a woman biking, the first thing I always notice is her legs, although, if she was topless, it would be the second thing I notice :bigsmile:
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Yeah, nobody will care about the size of your bum if they see you on a bike. Especially if you're around other bikers, they're going to be more focused on their own cycling.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it! Keep on biking!!!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    People who think negative thoughts about strangers don't matter. YOU do! (I'm speaking as a very large woman who wears a swimsuit and uses the pool or beach whenever I get the chance. Most people don't stare or make comments. I had an issue ONCE. Teenage boys. I smiled, walked up to one of them, and asked him how his mother was... "so glad she got over that cold... tell her I said hi, and that Joe is doing MUCH better now!" Okay. I lied. I didn't know his mother, and there is no Joe. But those boys snapped to and stopped acting like jerks. That's the ONLY embarrassing issue I ever had.)
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    People who think negative thoughts about strangers don't matter. YOU do! (I'm speaking as a very large woman who wears a swimsuit and uses the pool or beach whenever I get the chance. Most people don't stare or make comments. I had an issue ONCE. Teenage boys. I smiled, walked up to one of them, and asked him how his mother was... "so glad she got over that cold... tell her I said hi, and that Joe is doing MUCH better now!" Okay. I lied. I didn't know his mother, and there is no Joe. But those boys snapped to and stopped acting like jerks. That's the ONLY embarrassing issue I ever had.)

YOU are my hero! That is awesome!

I too am a large woman who wears a swimsuit and goes to the pool when I get a chance... and every time that I step foot into the public pool, I hope that I'm giving someone else the courage to get out and have some fun - no matter what their size! Being fat is bad enough... allowing the fat to hold me back from having fun with my kid or simply having fun for myself? Unacceptable.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Whenever I see ANYONE, especially the bigger people, on a bike, treadmill, elliptical, running or any sort of exercise, the very first thing I think is "Geesh, GOOD FOR THEM" because they are out there DOING IT!!!!

Get goin!!!

:happy: