zumbacalories.com
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Log it under Aerobics, High Impact.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I used 'dancing' - I have no idea really.
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I used the zumbacalories.com website as well. You can log your personal info and get a good estimate on how much you burn in an hour of zumba,. Very helpful, MFP needs to get with the times and add it as a cardio option!
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    thanks =)
  • didyb
    didyb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There's also "dancing, aerobic" -- but it may underestimate the calories---
    Zumba is GREAT and you'll LOVE it , I hope. I like it because it doesn't matter if I do it "right"-- I just get to have fun!:happy:
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    zumbacalories.com

this is the best way because every zumba class is different some are high, medium, or low impact. differs by instructor.
  • blondie_rae
    blondie_rae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a bodymedia/bodybugg that tracks the calories then I created an exercised named Zumba and I pull in each workouts calorie burn. Usually between 300 and 500 calories depending on the instructor and the intensity.

You're going to love Zumba, it's so much fun!! Enjoy yourself, be silly, just go with it... You're embarking on a grand new way to burn calories, make friends and have fun!!
  • Dannypuck
    Dannypuck Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome. One of my close friends got me into it and I can't imagine doing anything else. I log it under High Impact Aerobics, but they do need to list it as an activity on cardio.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Zumba is GREAT and you'll LOVE it , I hope. I like it because it doesn't matter if I do it "right"-- I just get to have fun!:happy:
    haha i will prob not do it right
  • Whitneylol
    Options
    haha i will prob not do it right

Don't worry about doing it right or wrong- the whole point is to MOVE and have fun! Zumba is awesome, I swear by it! Dancing is my main exercise :)
  • bitzee
    bitzee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is great fun you will love it. I log it under high impact aerobics and it comes out the same as my heart rate monitor. ENJOY!!
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Zumba is AMAZING!! I started about 2 or 3 mnths ago and I love it. It is the only thing I have stuck to. I even drive 25 minutes to and from class. There are a ton closer, but I love the instructor. I have found that they are all so different. If you don't like the first one you may want to try another class. I wore my heart rate monitor to get an idea and I burned 560 in the hour class. I don't wear it all the time cause I sweat so much in class I don't need anything else sticking to me. Though I need to wear it again. Since I know the routines better, I know I have to burn more.