How to get involved in a group or challenge?

Options
Hello Everyone!

Was wondering if anyone can shed some light for me. I try and read some message boards to see what everyone is up to, as well as gain some inspiration or get advice on things that work for some people and what doesn't. You know, the usual. I've noticed some people involved in weight loss groups or in challenges. I think that's a fantastic idea! I'm doing alright on my own at the moment, but not as well as I would like. I need a little extra motivation. I think a challenge or being a part of a group is something I could really do well in. I realized when I came to this section of the message board, I saw a few challenges posted. What's the best practice to get involved in Challenges? And how do I go about getting involved in a group? Anyone have any suggestions or information that would be FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks in Advance :flowerforyou:

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    click the link in my signature, and just check out the challenge. then just do it!!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    You can create your own challenge and invite others to participate, or you can look for one that interests you and, if it's not closed, join. There's no limit .... you can join a couple at a time if you want.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to join my toning group. It is under this forum - Beth's Angels Toning Group. We do a mission everyday - today's mission is 100 crunches. I post everyday on the board and wall what the day's mission is. Plus, on the board is a pic of the calendar of what the day's missions are. We focus on water on Saturdays and rest on Sunday - next month Saturdays are becoming another toning day but Sunday will still be a rest day. Anyone is welcomed to join my group - just jump right in.
  • kktiny12
    kktiny12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Search "Thankful to be Fit" challenge for November. And it will include Thanksgiving Day which is an extra challenge :).
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Here's a fairly simple one that starts on November 1st:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/371399-autumn-leaves-november-11-challenge
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • danilight
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I waited patiently until I saw LeeKetty post another challenge then started a group because I couldn't find any empty spots. I like his because they're based on calories burned instead of weight loss and I was looking for motivation to keep active but don't have anything left to lose. Unfortunately he's taking November off, running one in December, then leaving mfp. So . . . yeah.

But if you have an idea for a group or a challenge that fits your needs and goals and will help to motivate you in the way that you need motivated, start one!
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I waited patiently until I saw LeeKetty post another challenge then started a group because I couldn't find any empty spots. I like his because they're based on calories burned instead of weight loss and I was looking for motivation to keep active but don't have anything left to lose. Unfortunately he's taking November off, running one in December, then leaving mfp. So . . . yeah.

But if you have an idea for a group or a challenge that fits your needs and goals and will help to motivate you in the way that you need motivated, start one!

The Christmas one is being drawn up as we speak................ the challenges i do tend to be a bit admin heavy for me, so yea taking Nov off..... but feel free to add me and you will see the new challenge from the start.

(sorted some stuff so might stick around after Dec)
  • ledmands
    Options
    That does sound like a great idea! I would so be down to join one with you (Challange or group)!! I have also read about a few of them on here, but haven't really grasped the whos/whats/ and hows. Let me know what you wanna do!!:flowerforyou: