Stubborn LB's

Options
I added more photos on my profile so you can get a better idea of what I'm working with. I have SLOWWWWLY lost 20lbs. Went from 175 in May to 155 a few weeks ago. Now I can't lose more. I am actually at 158 right now. Figured I could use a boost. My problem with that though is that I am working my *kitten* off here. I don't need motivation to get to the gym, I go 5-7 days on my own no problem. I eat well every day. No hardcore dieter here I have just learned what is good what is not and I stay away from the nots. This is a lifestyle not a diet so I see no need to completely deprive myself. I have trained my taste buds pretty well though. Anyway let me go through a normal day and see if you have any good feedback.

I am 20, 5'7 and 155-158lbs (first goal will be met at 150)

I drink water all day and take cla tonalin and fish oil twice a day

I normally have a protein shake with soy milk in the morning
I have a snack before lunch either a banana or oatmeal with water cinnamon and peanut butter
An example of lunch would be tuna sandwich on wheat bread (is this the best bread for me?) or maybe soup. Campbell's select harvest.
I try to eat once more before I leave work because I normally go straight to the gym. Normally would eat baby spinach with a small amount of light dressing
Last meal is usually a protein shake, an agg sandwich (slowly not eating many of these) or my favorite an egg white omelet with baby spinach and mustard.

As far as workouts, I try to switch them every two months. Right now (started in September) I am doing 5-10 min warm up, then strength, mostly free weights, (days are separated by legs, shoulder/arms, core, chest/back) then 10-20 min of cardio. I am slowly adding more cardio than the workout calls for which is just 10 minutes and 20 minutes on core days.

Hopefully I am gaining muscle from weight training. It may sound like I'm at a good weight but I am far from it. Since this post I have moved my scale from the bathroom to under my bed, maybe I can ignore it for a while.

Replies

• rebgeo
    rebgeo Posts: 23
    Options
    How many calories a day does your food intake add up to. Sounds to me like your not eating enough for all the working out your doing.
    Your body may feel like you are starving it and holding on to everything. I'm no expert, it's just a thought. :) Good Luck!
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Your body may be used to what you are doing. I am the same height as you and I weigh 140. At 147 I hit a major wall. I then cut out a lot of processed foods....no soups, no boxed foods, etc. Just veggies, lean meats, fruits, and seasonings. It didn't take long for me to drop down to 140. For your workouts it's not enough cardio (in my opinion.) Try adding HIIT to your workout plan. That will kick your body into gear and burn fat faster.
  • liaalyn
    liaalyn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I could have been more clear. I am adding more cardio because it doesn't seem like enough to me either but normally the weights are pretty intense to where I am exhausted after my workout. Cardio varies from elliptical to HIIT on treadmill. I keep processed foods to a minimum as well, really the only thing would be soups which I eat rarely as well. I need to get more vegetables that is for sure. last night I added about 20 minutes more to cardio than normal, I will keep up with that and see if I see improvements. Thank you!!
  • liaalyn
    Options
    How many calories a day does your food intake add up to. Sounds to me like your not eating enough for all the working out your doing.
    Your body may feel like you are starving it and holding on to everything. I'm no expert, it's just a thought. :) Good Luck!

I am shooting for 1400 but am normally under that. (RED FLAG!) Lol
  • mollb
    mollb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would alternate weight days and cardio days and add in more healthy calories from whole foods.
  • liaalyn
    Options
    I would alternate weight days and cardio days and add in more healthy calories from whole foods.

Great idea, thanks!
  • Shanahan09
    Options
    :smile: Maybe switch up your food as well. The body can get used to the same workouts, as well as the same food. Get the metabolism switching gears with different nutrition sources.