snacks and lunch

Options
I do good with breakfast and dinner, but I am struggling to find good, healthy (non processed foods) to eat for lunch and snack time. (Maybe its cause Im always rushing out the door in the morning--haha) I want to stay with my calorie intake but feel full so im not looking for something else to eat, or filling miserable bc im hungry. Any ideas?

Replies

• bekahtraynor
    Options
    I do good with breakfast and dinner, but I am struggling to find good, healthy (non processed foods) to eat for lunch and snack time. (Maybe its cause Im always rushing out the door in the morning--haha) I want to stay with my calorie intake but feel full so im not looking for something else to eat, or filling miserable bc im hungry. Any ideas?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    lunch is easy, snacks are even easier!

Lunch:
    a sandwich is the EASIEST solution. I'm in love with cheddar and tomato sandwiched on wheat but you could try tuna, chicken, a nice veggie sandwich, even peanut butter! Once you get bored there, mix it up a bit and try a wrap, or a toasted sandwich. Or you could swtich to a bagel.

soups and salads are great at lunch too because they're easy and healthy and can be made with whatever you happen to have in your fridge.

Leftovers are also fab for lunch!

Snacks:
    yep, even easier, because in my mind, ANYTHING can be a snack- you could go the fruits and veggies route, or popcorn or pretzels, individual yogurts or puddings, some toast with PB, maybe some wheat crackers with sliced cheese. You could have some nuts or a handful of seeds or raisins. Oh geez, there are SO many options! Pick up some individual sandwich baggies, and bag up some portions of your favourites so you can grab them on the go. :drinker:
  • shuttletat
    Options
    For snacks, I like braided pretzel twists, celery with peanut butter, a small apple or orange. For lunch I'll have a veggie sandwich, soup, or leftovers from last nights supper.:tongue:
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    I just made lunch and I hope I added it up right because it seems too good to be true on the calorie count anyway, this is it...

1 serving spinach
    1/2 serving baby carrots
    1 low fat string cheese (cut up in rounds to put in salad)
    1/4 lb chicken brest (I cook it kinda dry with tons of spice! Cooked with non sitck butter spray and a few squirts of spray parkay)
    30 squirts of wishbone salad dressing.

It all came out to 190 calories. I was quite happy. I'm trying to save my calories to have some wine with friends tonight... :laugh:
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    what exactly is one serving of baby carrots. when i plug in vegetables i have a hard time knowing what the serving size is. i usually just grab a handful of carrots or grape tomatoes and call it a day.
  • Lowrider
    Lowrider Posts: 16
    Options
    Buy a scale. Find a listing in the database based on grams or ounces and weigh before recording your intake. I have found if packages say i.e. 10 crackers or 28 grams, on average I only get 7 crackers at 28 grams - meaning I am eating 1/3 over the calories I thought when going with package pieces vs weight. Same goes with those baby carrots full of natural sugar and can be quite caloric. Because of different sizes, you can not go with "handful" or counts, but weighing your foods always works. I just say a show with the girl that won Biggest Loser and 2 years later, she is still weighing her food and she looks stunning. I have been doing it for over a year now and my weight is pretty stable too. Idea: cut the baby carrots in half and add twice as much cucumber on your sancking plate and you will cut your calories down and bulking up the portion to keep you satisfied.