Discouraged

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am 46 years old with 2 kids and an amazing very fit wonderful man that can eat anything and verything he wants and always looka amazing. A year and a half ago I lost 100 lbs, never reached my goal weight but was feeling incredible. I lost 50 on my own and 50 on Jenny Craig. After getting laid off I could no longer afford Jenny Craig and was in a car accident and was not able to exercise for a few months. At this point I had gone back to all my old habits. I have put 50 pounds back on and am completely upset with myself.
Somewhere in me, I know I can do this...again Urghhh. Its just getting going that I am struggling with. I think just saying that and maybe a friend or 2 to assit me may help. I am going to Cabo in june and want to look and feel like I did 50 lbs ago.

Thanks for listening and hope all is well with everyone.

Replies

• CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    welcome! you're right, you CAN do this!!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Use your Cabo trip as motivation. Good luck!
  • sycamore28
    sycamore28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have amazing motivation keep going and don't look back
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    :happy: You can do it. Just remember that.
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can do this! And this time it will be even BETTER because you do it without the help of Jenny. Its all you now - go grab those 50lbs!!

Add me if you'd like!!
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Kudos for getting "back on the wagon"....!
  • Kristin111365
    Options
    Today is the day that you will start your new life. Remember this is not a diet but a life change. You have to make the choice to do this for the rest of your life. My husband is the same as yours, he runs like crazy and can eat what he wants. Its funny though he joined MFP with me and is even leaner now and helps me all the time. Make some good friens who will keep you honest and let the journey begin.
  • Vivian_Phoenix
    Options
    Yes of course you can do it!
    You've done it already in the past, it isn't impossible, time to look towards the future and your future self :)
    And this time around you have all of that strength and knowledge you acquired the first time around, so you know your weaknesses and how to get around those obstacles stopping you - obstacles tell you what you have to do in order to achieve your goal.
  • DafphineSpencer
    Options
    the key to success is not focusing too much on failures but allowing that energy to push you toward success instead. each day is a new day and you ABSOLUTELY can do this. i have 7 herniations in my back and i gained 90 lbs after i hurt my back. i used the pain as an excuse not to exercise for way to long. i no longer do that. even if you have to sit in a chair and use cans of vegetables as weights to exercise with, there is something we can all do to move. i have found that there are many exercises that i can do that will not only strengthen my back, but not hurt it any further. just keep telling yourself....NO EXCUSES...I CAN DO THIS. when a negative thought comes into your mind, tell yourself, NO EXCUSES...I CAN DO THIS. when you eat, ask yourself, am i really hungry or is this just for some emotional need or habit? do not focus on what your husband can eat...as unfair as it is that some people can devour an entire cow and have a metabolism high enough to burn it off...that's not you. Focus on YOU!!!! you have taken the first step and admitted there is a problem and want to do something about it. this site is an amazing tool and will help keep you accountable...i was shocked when i first started on here and saw the cals i was consuming in a day...mostly, the liquid cals. stay positive and as always...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! best of luck on your journey :)
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I know you have this within you - you've done it before! Friend me if you'd like some extra support :)
  • leti333
    leti333 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    One day at a time, one choice at a time. I would always wait "to start" my weight loss journey until I was completely focused and committed, but then months would go by. I'm really working on what I can do today, maybe it's not part of a master plan, but it's still something I can do, and then it just gets easier and not so overwhelming. Take pride in the little things too, they add up. So I had a cheeseburger....I didn't order fries this time..lol.