Mississippi Friends

Options
Ive posted this before,...Like to have fellow mississipians for friends. And of course whoever else that is motivating. thanks!

Replies

• JayLe81
    JayLe81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm a Mississippi girl. Feel free to add me.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Mississippi here also! Northwest corner, not far off the Delta region but closer to Memphis area. Feel free to add me too!
  • MsBrwnSugga
    MsBrwnSugga Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am from Jackson,MS but however closer to Ridgeland. Add me if would like!
  • jonco
    jonco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tupelo area here! Add me if you'd like. Maybe one day we won't be the fattest state in the nation.
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    Tupelo area here! Add me if you'd like. Maybe one day we won't be the fattest state in the nation.

jonco, you are so right there! Kinda adds that *special sparkle* to our other #1 designations, like teen pregnancies, illiteracy, and such. (Not sure if we are the official #1 for those at this exact moment, but if not, we ain't far from it!)

Just the number of students we have to monitor for Type 2 diabetes at the high school where I teach is astounding. We are a small school, fewer than 500 in 9-12th grades and there are some 40 students we have to keep an eye on.
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well, my husband is from Mississippi and we come from Wisconsin to Mississippi every Thanksgiving. I love the beauty and friendliness of the people. My kids love traveling there as well. We can't wait to be done there this year.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm from Mississippi. Add me if ya'll want
  • darlingbelle
    darlingbelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Mississippi girl, too. Originally from Columbus but now live in London, England (have lived here for 7 yrs). We southerns need to stick together! ;)

PS- Step away from the cornbread and fried chicken ;)
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    Hey Sippi folks!

I'm in the Brandon area. Add me to the list!
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mississippi girl here!!!! Would love to have Mississippi friends. I'm southern Mississippi, picayune to be exact. Y'all add me if u want!!!
  • FantasticallyNicki
    FantasticallyNicki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm from Gulfport! add me if you like! Ready to see MS get healthier!
  • LoriRisk66
    LoriRisk66 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Lori. I am married, and we are a blended family of 9. I am not FROM Mississippi, but I live here now. I have enjoyed the Gulf for two years now. I am new to the site (just joined tonight, upon receiving the information from my dietitian). I look forward to meeting and supporting new people whom are living the same "get healthy" lifestyle.
  • laughlin326
    laughlin326 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm from Jackson.
  • Bucyruss
    Bucyruss Posts: 2
    Options
    My girlfriend and I are out in Vicksburg. Just downgraded to here from the Clinton area. :tongue:
  • vesta82
    vesta82 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm from Alabama but I've lived here since I was 4...so I'm basically a Mississippi girl! I'm from Laurel, I have been on here for a while but just started using it...I have no friends so feel free to add me! :tongue:
  • algebravoodoo
    Options
    Hi! I am Mississippi girl, too. Originally from Columbus but now live in London, England (have lived here for 7 yrs). We southerns need to stick together! ;)

PS- Step away from the cornbread and fried chicken ;)

Or learn to make your cornbread with SQUASH!! Kind of like subbing applesauce for oil in brownies.
    Then eat only one hunk, not the whole @#$%^ pone!
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    So I'll represent NW Mississippi- Desoto County-Southaven!
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mississippi rocks - Newton County