Calories burned during overnight shift?

Options
Hi!

I just started a new job yesterday. I am working Target, stocking overnight. Yesterday I worked 7 hours. I'm never on my feet for 7 hours straight, so I know I had to burn a good amount of calories. I spent the night putting merchandise on pallets, stocking it and of course walking around as well.

I put down yesterday walking for 2 hours at 3.0mph, but I have a feeling it might be more calories burnt than that. Any suggestions? Since I work only PT there, (and starting a FT sitting down job on 11/7) I want to keep my level at sedentary

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    you could try a hrm and use it though your shift
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    change your level of daily activity...its part of your job. its not extra...
  • jweidner33
    jweidner33 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Always over calculate the food and under calculate the calories burned. It gives you a little wiggle room. I never add in the calories I burn lifting weights. I just figure it will cancel out something I did wrong throughout the day.
  • savismommy
    Options
    I agree with changing the level of daily activity.
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I would if I worked it FT, however I only work one or two days a week though, it's just a PT job. Only about 14 works a week out of the entire week. Plus my "real" job will be 40 hours sitting at a desk starting 11/7.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options

I would if I worked it FT, however I only work one or two days a week though, it's just a PT job. Only about 14 works a week out of the entire week. Plus my "real" job will be 40 hours sitting at a desk starting 11/7.

oh i missed that part - or i read too fast...however, i agree with waht the poster above said - dont count those calories as you might not be accurate on everything you ate/drank that day and it will help balance it out...or soemthing lke that :)
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    When I work at my office I am standing all day and packing/unpacking huge boxes and doing other physical labor. I usually put down Walking 2.0 for half the time of what I work. Say I work 8 hours I would enter in 4 Hours walking 2.0. I always lost weight doing it this way.