Birthdays

Options
Today is my brother-in-laws birthday and I just happen to be the girl that is home all day today so I get to make him all his favorite foods for when he gets home. The real question is, do you eat the cheesecake and celebrate with your family or do you avoid it altogether because you have a goal in mind. I am struggling with knowing when it is okay to slip up and worried that if I do it once, it will be okay to do it over and over again. Thoughts?

Replies

• quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It's not a slip up if you eat what you planned. Because you made the cheesecake, you can calculate the calories in it and fit it into your daily plan. Have a small piece. People won't get on your case, and you can still enjoy your brother in law's birthday. Everything in moderation! And tomorrow is a new day. Even if you slip up once, it doesn't have any effect on future days - only in your mind.

I think that is people are too strict on their diets, it's doomed to failure, because there are going to be a lot of other birthdays/opportunities for cheesecake in your life, and you have to be able to figure out how to do it and stay healthy!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with quara!!