New and discouraged!

Options
:sad: I am on day 10 and only down one pound! Grrr....I have been very careful to track everything I eat. I work out 5-6 times a week and use a heart rate monitor and only use my exact calorie burn. Yet, I just don't seem to be making any progress. Suggestions? Tips?

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    How are you on your sodium? You might be retaining water or it might be TOM?
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. You just started, so it takes time for your body to adjust to the new change. Also you don't have too much to lose, so you may not be seeing big numbers...just take it one day at a time, keep eating healthy and keep exercising and I am sure that you'll see the scale move down. Good luck.
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!

After my first month of working out 5-6 times a week and eating right and I lost almost nothing. Your body needs time to adjust to your new lifestyle changes! It will happen in time if you keep doing the right things!
  • dchss80
    dchss80 Posts: 25
    Options
    hi,
    dont be discouraged just keep going it will pay off.
  • tammylwv
    tammylwv Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Use measurements to track progress too, not just the scale.
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    If you only have a few lbs to lose, like less than 20 lbs, then it will take you a bit longer. 1 lb in 10 days is actually pretty good. I wouldn't worry about it too much and just keep doing what you're doing.

I have over 100 lbs to lose and there are weeks that I lose or even gain a pound. Sometimes it's just our bodies way of catching up to what we are doing to it. Just keep at it and you will see the results.

Good luck!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Take your measurments, take pics and keep working out and eating healthy.

The scale is only one way to measure success/progress.

you work out 5 - 6 days a week, and are only 10 days in. My body takes up to a month before it accepts any kind of major change like exercise.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories?
    Too much sodium?
    If you opened your diary, you might get more feedback.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Your body is wondering "Is she serious??". Consistency is key with weight loss. You've probably done the "diet cycle" in the past right? You start something, don't see results right away and then stop because you're frustrated. Your body is used to that cycle and thinks if it just holds out long enough you'll quit. Our bodies are quite unique. You've got to reprogram it. To do that, you have to stick with it and be consistent. Stay off the scale for a while, focus on doing what you can control (eating good wholesome foods and being active). Your body will catch on.:smile: Keep moving forward!
  • weendee
    weendee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! The eating part is new for my body - but not the exercise. And I think you are all right. I will stay off the scale and take some measurements. I've always had a "eating plan" be it points, core foods, a carb & protein - so yes, I've done a lot of dieting and my body is probably just waiting for me to throw in the towel on this one. Thanks again - I think you are all fabulous!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It's normal. Your muscles hold onto water when you first start working out for repair and recovery. And once your body realizes it's not going to starve, it will start giving up the fat.
  • danaharrison22
    Options
    And remember that even if you don't see immediate results on the scale...how do you feel? stronger? better conditioned? Celebrate your incles lost :)