Do i need to reduce my carb intake-seems like everyone else

Options
Hey,

I've noticed a lot of posts about people reducing carbs down to 100g. Recently over the last 2 weeks i have increased everything in my diet as i was probably undereating for the amount of exercise i was doing. I am trying to eat to my daily allowance which means eating more, especially protein. However, i'm concerned that i'm taking in too many carbs. I'm not here to lose a lot, maybe a couple of pounds.

My diary is open if anyone would like to take a look and let me know what they think.

Thanks people!

Replies

• normusnonaliam
    normusnonaliam Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm wondering this same thing!
  • havalinaaa
    havalinaaa Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Your carbs are all from very healthy sources, don't sweat the small stuff and do what works for you. I actually have my carbs set pretty high and am still seeing regular weight loss, as well as inches lost. For some people carbs are a problem but they don't seem to be one for you!
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    From your diary you seem to eat pretty clean, and you are already taking in over 100g of protein a day. I would vote to keep it the same. Plenty of protein, good natural carbs, and a balanced diet. But that's just me.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Reducing carbs, for most of us, is simply a way to cut calories, as that's what determines fat loss/gain.

If you are losing weight, and are normal on carbs, don't sweat it!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I changed mine due to medical reasons, but if you are losing weight and eating more than 100g carbs a day I would just keep doing what you are doing.
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    You can flucuate a couple of pounds +/- from day to day in your weight as a norm. Go for a few more anyway..........
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Moderate fat loss ratio: go with the zone (40/30/30) Protein/Carbs/Fats

Max fat loss ratio: go with (50/30/20) Protein/Carbs/Fats
  • pork_belly
    Options
    There is a cliche that says that everything works in dieting. You can try it and see if it works for you. I think your current carb intake looks fine. Going down to 100 or less will probably help get you going in the right direction. You can also do some form of intermittent fasting (IF) and that may also do the same thing. In the end it all works and you have to do what ever works best for you.

See link below for some guidance if you wish.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-primal-carbohydrate-continuum/
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Priority #1: Eating a calorie deficit under maintenance level.
    Priority #2: Eating the minimum amount of protein and fat macros pertaining to your bodyweight stats and goals.
    Priority #3: Doing some kind of strength resistance training to maintain the lean body mass you currently have.

Carb cycling and/or eating less carbs is cool, but it isn't necessary and in fact it won't really help as much unless you are already somewhat lean looking to get leaner.
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    If your looking to maintain you diet looks fine youve still got a say 300kcal deficit so in theory you sould be losing weight imo but if you wana lose weight quicker 500 of a kcal deficit would be more like it thats 7x500 = 3500 per week should equal pound loss per week, il be cutting mine to bout 150g soon to rip up but il be uping my protein and good fats:).
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am a runner and I need lots of healthy carbs to fuel my body, I eat close to 250 g of carbs a day. I've lost all my weight while eating that many, and sometimes even more. It all depends on what you want to achieve.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292
    Options
    i have dropped the most weight by limiting my carbs...i workout everyday, cardio/str training. i try to stay under 125g per day. so far so good..
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    All very helpful advice!!! Maybe i should give it a little more time and then switch things up. Must admit, since increasing the amount of carbs i consume daily has had a massive influence on my moods and general well being. Before when i wasn't eating enough, i was tired, moody and miserable. I try and get carbs from healthy sources and TRY not to go for the naughty options...although i'm partial to a bit of sweetness here and there!