Best HRM??

Options
Hey! I'm looking to purchase a heart rate monitor and I don't know which one to get...Any suggestions/good or bad experiences??? Please share...I don't want to waste my money :-)

Replies

• digitaldigital
    digitaldigital Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT7 it's pretty awesome. I haven't experienced anything bad yet, it definitively makes me work harder.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have the POLAR FT4, in hindsight I wish i got gotten the FT7 model...(more features and I'm a tech nerd - LOL)

That said, I do love it, and in 6 months have only had to change the battery in the watch part. the strap and transmitter are still fine.

Do make sure you get one witha chest strap as this is the only way your heart rate can be constantly monitored which will then give you the most accurate calorie count.

Best of Luck!
  • sprky182
    Options
    I got the Polar FT4 and it's been great. I think it has less features than the FT7 but it does everything I need it to do- tells me my heart rate, how many calories I'm burning, how long I'm in "the zone", and keeps the last 10 or so sessions in the log. I log my exercise on here anyway, so I don't need it to keep more than the last two or three sessions. If you want one that holds more data and has more features, I've heard the FT7 is great too.