Body Bug/Fitness Watch

Options
I want to make sure I am calculating my calories burned during my workouts. Does anyone use or recommend a certain brand of a body bug or fitness watch, that is reasonably priced? I have seen the nike ones but I am not sure where to start and what do look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I bought a bodybugg off ebay and I loved it!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I just started using the BodyMedia armband about 10 days ago. It's been interesting to see my sleep patterns and how many calories I'm burning. It's not as many as MFP or even the elliptical machine said, but it's still a good burn, and at least I have an accurate picture. I find that the armband is pretty comfortable. It took about a day to get used to it being there, but now I don't even notice it.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    I have a Timex HRM btu I REALLY wasnt a BodyBugg. I have heard great things about them and my fav trainer (Chalene Johnson) wears one always!
  • filmfanatic29
    Options
    I bought a heart rate monitor recently and I was very happy with my purchase!! I would recommend the Polar FT4 and I absolutely love it! It's very easy to program and use. I got it off of Amazon for I think $60. I'm not sure how that price compares to other HRMs but I would definitely recommend the Polar FT4
  • amandakoch2537
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!!!
  • weendee
    weendee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I wear a Polar too. I love it and I feel like it's more accurate then typing in your exercise and using their numbers. I bought mine at a sporting good store - and I'm glad I did as I took it back a few times until I got the right one for me. (Some just wouldn't pick up my heart rate!) However, replacing the battery is no easy task. Ask about where you can replace it before purchasing.
  • amandakoch2537
    Options
    Do you have to like have a subscription thing with these?
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Do you have to like have a subscription thing with these?
    If you buy a new bodybugg, they come with a subscription. If you buy a used one, you will have to purchase a subscription. Go to 24hrfitness.com.
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just got the GoWear Fit (made by the same company as BB, bodymedia). I thought it would be a big improvement over just wearing a HRM. The GW(gowear fit) does monitor your sleep pattern. Tells you when you wake up each night. And it tells you how many calories you burn and your activity level. But, using the bodymedia website is much harder than using the MFP website. MFP lets you use your phone to scan what you are eating. Bodymedia does NOT. Its a lot harder to enter your food log on the bodymedia website. I paid for a whole year with bodymedia...but, I'm not sure I will keep up with it that long. MFP is sooooo much easier!!!