BRIDE TO BE!!!

Options
So my wedding is July 21, 2012... 9 months to go!!! I found my wedding gown Sunday and now I know exactly how I want to look. Comment if your story is similar and if you have some advice for me! :)

Replies

• afigueroa_pr
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your engagement and wedding plans. I am sure it will be a most beautiful ceremony.
    As for advice: are you looking to lose weight for your ceremony?
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I too am getting married, May 19th of 2012, I on the other hand haven't tried on dresses yet, I'm trying to lose weight b4 I try on that 1st dress for the very 1st time, so excited and scared at the same time! So I'm working my butt off to get down a couple more sizes by Dec when I go to try on those dresses! 1 size down and many more to go!!! Friend me if you like!!
  • timothyjkiser
    timothyjkiser Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    On the flip side I want to look good in my tux for our wedding May 26th, 2012! U CAN DO IT. Friend for support if you will support in return.
  • marygmni
    Options
    Congrats on everyone's upcoming weddings! Mine is March 25, 2012. I'm working to have toned arms for my strapless dress. If my waist size goes down, that's great too, but I want to feel good and not have flabby arms for the wedding. Haha! This site has really helped me with exercising and being mindful of what I eat. Good luck to everybody!
  • beckystahnke
    beckystahnke Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement! How exciting!!!

Are you looking to lose weight before your wedding? That's a good amount of time to do so. At least 8-9 months, which is about 32 weeks - totally doable!
  • momofcsquared
    momofcsquared Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just got married on Oct 2. It was a small, intimate ceremony - followed by a large reception a few days later with friends! It was perfect.
    Congrats to you!
  • Kaliedh
    Kaliedh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I recently got married (July 23). It happened before I got motivated to start working out, so I didn't get to slim down. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight in the year I had it. My advice is simple, but I find it is the hardest thing to accomplish. Stay motivated! Do not skip a workout, because that just makes it easier to skip others.
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    I want to loose weight too and have 35 to go! Need some buddies!
  • Lisapokie27
    Lisapokie27 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a bride to be as well!! Like many of you I'm trying to lose before our wedding in Oct 2012. Should we start a bride to be Challenge???? Friend me we can support each other!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

I'm getting married NYE! I got engaged January 15th this year, had Roux-NY gastric bypass April 18th, and bought my wedding dress May 28th. I have lost 76 pounds to date (and almost 50 pounds since I bought the dress), so now I'm just waiting for the dress to come in and see how much we need to have it altered. They would only let me order the dress one size smaller than what I measured that day. Did you buy your dress smaller or the size you measured the day you bought it?

P.S. I planned my wedding in less than 2 months (I wanted to get everything I could done before my surgery), so if you need ANYTHING, don't hesitate to ask.
  • LiSilvaroli
    LiSilvaroli Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm also getting married next year (in Oct) AND I just found my dress over the weekend too! I have been doing MFP for a little over a month now and am VERY happy with the results. My advise to you is get your friends, family, fiance or who ever involved too! The more people in your life you have trying to loose weight the easier it is. Me and my fiance and a few people who will be in the wedding go to yoga together every week. Also it's nice to have people on the same diet to have over for dinner and such since you all have the same goal. I've even gotten people at work using MFP. I think it really helps to see what people you know are logging and then that gives me the little extra motivation to get off my butt and work out every day.
  • AlmostMrsP
    AlmostMrsP Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone getting married!

I'm getting in shape for my wedding also (and for my life after the wedding). I'm getting married June 30, 2012. I think I've found my dress, but haven't ordered it yet. When I showed my mom the pictures she couldn't believe how much weight I've lost already.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi All Brides-to-Be! I am here for the same reason! My wedding is April 21st, 2012. I've been on this site since September 11th and have lost 8 or 36 pounds. We can do it!

Feel free to friend me for mutual support :)
  • msmmrobinson
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am also a bride to be. My wedding date is 5-11-13. I am determined to lose a ton of weight before the big date. Friend me if you would like.
  • TinyTina2012
    Options
    Congrats everyone!!

I'm getting married in June!! I ordered my dress and am waiting for it to come in... Would love to lose just a few more pounds, but am really looking to tone up. Friend me if you'd like, I always enjoy meeting fellow brides!!
  • JennaB86
    Options
    Good luck to all and thanks for all the feedback! My goal is just to tone up a bit, maybe lose 10-15 lbs. I'm not happy with my arms or tummy right now... Ugh
  • Lylora
    Lylora Posts: 21
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone! I'm also a bride to be, getting married in August 2012. I am 155 and want to lose 25-30 pounds before the ceremony. Part of me wants to lose the weight so that I'll look great in my photos and for all of my friends and family, but a larger part of me wants to do it for ME. I'm skeptical that I'll keep the weight off if I just aim to be thin for one day on the calendar, and I'm also a little scandalized that we are so culturally obsessed with weddings and dresses that we use it as motivation. But here's my thought. When my fiance looks at me, he sees his perfect woman, and that's why he's marrying me. When I stand opposite him as we say our vows, I want to FEEL like that woman. Friend me if you want to stay motivated with me!
  • starrstarr007
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on here... I am getting married May 17th 2012. This has been a journey for sure. I was a 20 year smoker and my now fiance said he would never get on me about smoking, but he would never marry a smoker - he left it up to me and never pushed. Well Nov 9th 2011 will be one year of not even taking a puff off of a cigarette and I will happily be in Scotland on that day planning our Spring wedding. We got engaged on April 4th at which time I weighed my heaviest, I gained about 25lbs when I quit smoking (not that I was thin before). I know my fiance loves me no matter what the weight, but he has been so supportive and loves that I am so motivated to work out and lose weight. We have been able to do so much more together now that I am getting fit. Yes I want to look good on my wedding and that is certainly a motivator, but we keep talking about trekking through New Zealand or going on safari in Africa and I know none of that will be possible if I am overweight and out of shape. This is a lifestyle change, my weight loss has been slow, but I know I will never see it again. I have gone once to try on dresses, it was at Kleinfeld in NYC and I did not say yes to the dress. I have a whole weekend of dress shopping on November 19th-20th so I am hoping to find it then! Would love more friends to help support and that I can return the favor... in both weightloss and wedding planning!
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and congratts!!! Its a cool site. Its my 2nd day and I love it here. A great deal of support and good people.