Hi....from Texas! :)

Options
My name is Renee - I am on my way to losing 45 lbs. Wish me luck! :)

Replies

• JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, there are lots of great people here that provide tons of inspiration, motivation and support. Good luck in your journey.

P.S. Also from Tx
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm from Austin! Feel free to add me! Welcome!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good luck! You know you can do it..........stay focused, positive, and determined.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good luck and hell yeah Texans!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hello from NY!! Welcome to MFP and best of luck to you on your journey!! :)
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Texas too, you will love it here. Everyone is very supportive and MFP makes losing weight easier that you can imagine. The more you log for exercise the more you can eat and you still lose, it's great.
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    wishing u luck girl...u can do this...never give up
  • momofcsquared
    momofcsquared Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I have my goal weight loss as approx 45lbs because that's the magic number I have in my head...but I have talked to so many people who say 45 lbs is too much weight to lose for me....

I'm 36 years old, 5'6" and I am at 180 now...I feel like I should be around 135. I've played softball for 26 years and have always been a runner, so I am relatively muscular...just a little flabby and not toned. Where can I find some sort of chart or idea of what weight I should focus on. ???
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Best of luck, this is the place for awesome support and great tips.. and even some laughs..

<~~~ from TX too.
  • YepItsTime
    YepItsTime Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello. My goal is 40 pounds. It looks like there's a lot of support on this site. It's great to have people to go through this with.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Houston and have about the same amount of weight to lose. Good luck to you!
  • mrimike
    mrimike Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My first goal was 40lbs this year. When I turned 40 I finally decided to recommit myself to living healthy again. I'm on to my second goal of 20 more! The last 20 lbs have come much faster since I started I started using MFP. I think you'll enjoy the motivating people and the great tools on MFP. You can add me if you would like another friend.