Anyone else not want to get healthy?

Options
What I mean is that according to my height I need to weigh 178lbs or less to be in the "healthy" weight range. I was originally 260lbs and am now down to 205lbs. My goal is to get to 195lbs and then go into maintenance mode. I know that is still considered overweight, but I think at 178lbs I would be a skinny dork. Anyone else not want to get their weight as low as the "healthy" range?

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I'm afraid my "healthy weight" isn't thin enough...it's like 5 more pounds and I don't see me thinking "Great! I'm done!" when I get there. :huh:
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    db571-shocked-monkey.jpg
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    I know what u mean. Im 5'3 and in my 150s which is overweight but not fat for my frame. I have more muscle but I SHOULD weigh 125 which is prob not gonna happen. i would look like a freakin bobble head lol.. 135 is my goal..You gotta just understand ur body and muscle etc. good luck in reaching ur goal!! add me if u would like
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    My goal is higher than my "healthy" weight. I'll see when I get there whether or not I want to adjust it, but thinking back to how I looked at my current goal weight, I think it's a good choice for me.
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    my healthy range is 104-141...my goal is 140. just couldnt imagine myself much smaller than that. i guess once we reach our 1st big goal we'll see how happy we are with ourselves then go from there :)
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    What I mean is that according to my height I need to weigh 178lbs or less to be in the "healthy" weight range. I was originally 260lbs and am now down to 205lbs. My goal is to get to 195lbs and then go into maintenance mode. I know that is still considered overweight, but I think at 178lbs I would be a skinny dork. Anyone else not want to get their weight as low as the "healthy" range?

Why don't you get to 178lbs and see for yourself, then determine if you want to add another 20lbs to that. I bet you don't.

My target weight range is 144-184, now w/ my muscles and build, 144 is absurd. But I'm willing to get to 178lbs (to say I lost 100lbs) and then go up to 180-184 to maintain.
  • ashleydeane
    ashleydeane Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know what u mean. Im 5'3 and in my 150s which is overweight but not fat for my frame. I have more muscle but I SHOULD weigh 125 which is prob not gonna happen. i would look like a freakin bobble head lol.. 135 is my goal..You gotta just understand ur body and muscle etc. good luck in reaching ur goal!! add me if u would like
    that is exactly how i am
  • ohthelawd
    ohthelawd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. BMI calculations are a complete crock, in that they don't take body style into account. According to the federal government's guidelines, I need to weigh 194 to not be considered overweight. About 18 months ago at the height of my running/fitness regimine, I weighed 196 and people I worked with thought I had a terminal illness or something. Just get healthy. You'll know when you feel good. You'll know when your clothes fit right. When you FEEL healthy, you are. Screw some magic number that got pulled out of the air by some scientists who obviously did a piss-poor job developing a metric for a healthy weight.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    yup. my final goal right now is 180.. i think 159 is the highest "healthy" weight for my height/age. not that i really believe in the BMI charts. i cant see myself that size..but then again ive never been a healthy weight. i am going to be open minded when i hit 180 and see how i feel and MIGHT lose some more..
  • tanyasch90
    tanyasch90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    im the same i curreently wear a UK size 14 and my bmi says im obese. For me to be in the 'healthy range' I would be far too skinny and need to lose another 50 pounds. Once you reach a weight you're happy with just stick to that weight!
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    My goal is to be at the top of "normal" BMI chart. I have been on this one site that you actually use measurements and I am less than 3lbs away. I have more muscle so I can weight more!! Woohoo!!
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    My "healthy weight" should be 125-130 pounds. Ha!! :laugh:
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' and my goal is to get down to 170 (from 290!). That will get me out of the obese range, but I'll still be overweight. My ideal weight is around 125 and that's just not happening! :smile:
  • schwest76
    schwest76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Same here! My current weight is 235 and my goal is 160. I think my "healthy weight" is 130-150 and I think I would be to thin and look like a lollipop head if I lost that much weight. Right now I just want to get out of the obese range! :smile:
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should focus more on body fat percentages than BMI, which really doesn't take into account muscle mass.

I think 123-164 is my healthy range, with most calculators telling me 143 is "good"

I started out over 260 lbs... I would like to reach 140.
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You should lose enough weight to feel comfortable with your body. If you are happy with your weight, then good for you.

Anyway, each body is different. Another 5'11" person may need to drop another 20 lbs to be at the "correct" weight.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If I had 0 percent body fat I would be at the top edge of healthy weight...so I'm perfectly content to get to 22% body fat, which according to BMI shows me as overweight.
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i understand what you mean. I am just at the top of my healthy weight range. If I didn't have my belly I would be happy with my weight
  • bbabs99
    bbabs99 Posts: 51
    Options
    For me to fit into my healthy range I'd have to lose a lot of muscle... and probably some bone. Personally, imma try and hold on to that.
  • msumom8689
    msumom8689 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean!

I'm 53 and my starting weight was 162.4 and I'm only 5 foot 2. My original goal was to lose 10%, about 16 pounds, in hopes of getting my blood sugar out of the pre-diabetic range. I now have normal blood sugar and decided to maintain at 144 (18 pounds lost). Still 8 pounds over normal BMI (for what that's worth) but as long as my health indicators are good I'm not willing to spend any more time on 1200 calories.