Female Voices of Country?

Options
LaComadreja14
LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
This is going to sound really stupid but I am going to be honest with you all:
Although I have always loved all kinds of music in various languages, I never listened to country.... mostly because I would get teased by my siblings and a few other family members that I had "forgotten my NYC roots." The older I got the more stupid I realized that was so I've been listening to it more and more. I love female artists/ band with female vocals because I like to sing along, my list is pretty short and I am looking to add onto it so I was wondering what country ladies you like to sing along with?

I like Gretchen Wilson, Miranda Lambert, Reba Mcentire, Dolly Parton, Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Sugarland, Lady Antebellum.... annd thats all I can think of off the top of my head lol, left my iPod in the car... sooo list some of yours?

Replies

• juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Judds, Wynnona
    Carrie Underwood
    Shania Twain
    Patsy Cline
    Loretta Lynn
    The Kinleys
  • riyahroyce
    Options
    TAYLOR SWIFT. a million times taylor swift.
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Dixie Chicks, Pistol Annies (Miranda Lambert's new girl band), Trisha Yearwood, The Band Perry, Kellie Pickler, Carrie Underwood, Steel Magnolia, Thompson Square, Kathy Mattea, ...I could go on awhile here, I :heart: good country music!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Taylor Swift
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Trisha Yearwood
    Mary Chapin Carpenter
    Emmylou Harris
    Pasty Cline
  • Sallycinnimon
    Sallycinnimon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The Band Perry, Carrie Underwood, The Jane Dear Girls, Sara Evans... Not too big into country, but I like those.
  • ArmyWife40
    Options
    Dolly; Reba; Loretta Lynn; Patsy Cline; Suzy Boggus; Patty Loveless; Terri Clarke; Martina McBride; Kathy Mattea; Mary Chapin Carpenter; Faith Hill...the two wonderful female singers of Little Big Town (love the band)...
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    jo dee messina <3
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    Oh Trick Pony was good, but the lead singer is solo now Heidi Newfield shes still good :)
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    oh Lee Ann Womack :)
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    sara evans Terri clark and leanne rimes
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Oh - how could I forget??!? Alison Kraus. LOVE her voice!
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Alison Krauss. She has a wonderful solo voice, and is comparable to Emmylou Harris in her ability to harmonize beautifully with a variety of voices on duets. Check YouTube for her duet with James Taylor in "How's The World Treating You?", and with Brad Paisley in "Whiskey Lullaby" for two great examples.

And from the classic C&W era, you can't beat Miss Patsy Cline.
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!

I actually like Whiskey Lullaby but I didn't know who he was singing with so thats cool, I can't wait to hear more of her XD

and of course everyone else- its going to be allllll youtube after I work out this evening, like my reward :P
  • ahsongbird
    Options
    Thanks all!!

I actually like Whiskey Lullaby but I didn't know who he was singing with so thats cool, I can't wait to hear more of her XD

and of course everyone else- its going to be allllll youtube after I work out this evening, like my reward :P
    make sure u check out terri clark - girls lie too :)
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    The Pistol Annies
    LeAnn Rimes
    LeAnn Womack
    Patsy Cline
    Steel Magnolia
    Julie Roberts
    Sara Evans
    Thompson Square
    Trisha Yearwood
    Joey + Rory (search for 'cheater cheater')
    Rebecca Lynn Howard
    Lila McCann
    Martina McBride
    Faith Hill's earlier stuff

Also, I know you asked for female, but if youre going to listen to country, listen to some Brad Paisley!
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh - how could I forget??!? Alison Kraus. LOVE her voice!

Most beautiful voice in country music by far.

Martina McBride is also a favorite.
  • krik84
    krik84 Posts: 47
    Options
    and Lorie Morgan- I'm looking for something in red. etc
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I grew up on country music, but I've never been too crazy about female singers (any genre), so my list is pretty short.

I am a big fan of Patsy Cline, Miranda Lambert, and the earlier stuff from Reba and Martina McBride.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Oh Trick Pony was good, but the lead singer is solo now Heidi Newfield shes still good :)

My friend plays in her band!