HRM or BodyBugg

Options
I'm gonna get one or the other...I was kinda leaning toward a BodyBugg or similar that you wear all day and track total calories....Do you have any suggestions or is one brand more accurate or reliable??

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    If you get an HRM I would look at Polar. I tried numerous others and returned them all before keeping my Polar FT7.

Whether you get a body bugg or an HRM is up to you and what you're trying to accomplish.
  • indianaangel
    Options
    Let me know what you decide on and how it works. I have considered getting a BodyBugg in the past.
  • Pinksparkle65
    Options
    Im still learning program what is a body Bugg?
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I bought a bodybugg for my wife and it is pretty cool.. I have a polar FT7 HRM and it works well but the amount of info available on bodybugg is WAY more detailed.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    @pinksparkle. Bodybugg is the arm band thingie they wear on "biggest loser". you wear it 23 hours a day and it gives you info on the number of steps you take, minutes of vigorous activity and other levels of activity, hours of sleep, how efficient your sleep was, calories burned, etc.. I would take a peek at their web page, and see if you can view sample reports, etc. overall we are very happy with the information available on the reports.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Good question. Bump.
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    I like the idea of the body bug, but the thought of having to pay them monthly just to use it seems like a waste of money.
  • UABUncleSam
    Options
    I have the Garmin Forerunner 305 w/ HRM. It tracks all the necessary information. I don't think I need something telling me how well I slept. I can usually tell that in the morning when my alarm clock goes off. I use MFP for tracking everything I eat along with Endomondo to track my cardio workouts and just to be 100% certain that my workout was legit based off the data uploaded at that moment I use my forerunner. I upload that info to Garmin Connect which is free. All this stuff....free. Execpt the galaxy s phone and forerunner. I'm tracking accurate results of what I do and eating the calories that I'm alloted on MFP. It's been working great and it's cheaper along with all the required information I could ever need.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have the bodybugg and I LOVE IT! I can see how much calories I've burned all day. I can see how many calories I burn during specific exercises. I can set goals. I can see how many calories I burned when I was sleeping. Wish it had a stopwatch feature. I also know how many steps I've walked. Which is what I use it for the most. I LOVE MY BODYBUGG! I hope to upgrade to the new one soon!
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Forerunner 305 w/ HRM. It tracks all the necessary information. I don't think I need something telling me how well I slept. I can usually tell that in the morning when my alarm clock goes off. I use MFP for tracking everything I eat along with Endomondo to track my cardio workouts and just to be 100% certain that my workout was legit based off the data uploaded at that moment I use my forerunner. I upload that info to Garmin Connect which is free. All this stuff....free. Execpt the galaxy s phone and forerunner. I'm tracking accurate results of what I do and eating the calories that I'm alloted on MFP. It's been working great and it's cheaper along with all the required information I could ever need.

I LOVE my bodybugg, but I want what you have. lol I have to pay a fee every month to keep up with my stats. :(
  • RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have the body bugg and love it! You do have to pay 80 dollars a year for the web part. Its cool cause you can see calories all day plus say you were doing yard work from noon in till 1 you can see how many calories you burned during that time. You can enter all the food you ate too. Track weight etc, I recommend it. You can find the older versions REALLY cheap on craigslist and ebay.

I had a HRM and broke it. I didn't like it. Mine you had to hit the button for it to get your rate, so if hit the button while I worked out the forgot to recheck it in till i got home from the gym it looked liked I burned a lot more then i did

If you have any questions message me
  • UABUncleSam
    Options
    mrivera713 go ahead and get the forerunner then. It's really inexpensive these days....and free is always better than throwing money out there every year. I kinda see it as free insurance for my body every day. Just think you get to save 80 bucks a year!

I LOVE my bodybugg, but I want what you have. lol I have to pay a fee every month to keep up with my stats. :(
  • linmarc30
    linmarc30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My friend has the bodybugg but she said it was not tracking her information correctly. I recently purchased a Polar F4T HRM and love it! I was amazed at how well it worked. It tells me how many calories I burned for my workout and how long my work out was, which is what I wanted it for.