Maryland Mom and Bride to Be

Options
Hi~!

I've been a member of MyFitnessPal.com for a while now, but I had let it fall by the wayside. I had no motivation to continue my journey into becoming more healthy. Until now.

I am a single mother of a very rambunctious three year old, and up until recently, I knew I had to lose the weight that had been creeping up over the years, but I wasn't doing anything serious about it. Oh, I bought the exercise videos and tried them for a time, but I lost interest. Now I have two secret weapons: a fiance who is supportive and a best friend (also maid of honor) who is making the journey with me. We've recently started weighing ourselves weekly and plan to measure ourselves monthly. Our goal is to lose approximately 100 pounds each by the time Christmas rolls around next year (2012). This gives us 5 months to maintain our weight until my wedding in May of 2013. After that, I hope to lose around another 30 pounds to bring me to my ideal weight of about 155 lbs.

Right now, I am working on changing my eating habits, by eating less and trying to eat a little more healthy. The android app is really helpful with that, since it logs all the food I consume. I want to start running eventually, since we have a great path that runs through my town that is nearly 3 miles long. Unfortunately, I need to lose a few pounds before I can even think of starting that. My knees are already bad due to my weight and the added stress from running could put me back in my goals, so I'm going to hold off on that. Until then, I am going to work on biking and doing some cardio exercises in the mornings. I am looking forward to the day that I can once again be proud of who I see when I look in the mirror.

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    This is great! Keep it up! I'm in Maryland too!
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey there - I used to be a Maryland Mom too. Now I am a Wisconsin Mom. I am trying to lose about 50 pounds myself but have a hard time staying with it. I run an in-home childcare business - I am required to serve Breakfast, snack, lunch, and snack and guess how hard it is to not clean up the leftovers with my own fork. Congratulations on the wedding - I would love to see you make your goals. It is so wonderful that your fiance is so supportive also. I will definately be a cheering crowd for you.
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great motivation :) oh and btw - i cant run due to knee problems but I can and do walk! You can walk that path for very good exercise too! and dont worry about all of the people looking at you from their car windows - they are thinking "wow - she's doing something good for herself - I should too."
    xo
  • aagreene
    Options
    Great Story and Congrats!!! I am in Maryland to and I totally understand about falling off. I just got back on myfitnesspal this week and ready to start back with getting this weight under control. Good Luck to you and I will be right with you on your weight loss journey.
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great motivation :) oh and btw - i cant run due to knee problems but I can and do walk! You can walk that path for very good exercise too! and dont worry about all of the people looking at you from their car windows - they are thinking "wow - she's doing something good for herself - I should too."
    xo

Oh definitely! The Rails to Trails path runs away from most traffic places, since it was the train tracks that ran to the silos in town. It is so pretty and now that the weather is more conducive to being outside, I am going to be out there more often.

Thanks for the support :D