No one noticed

Options
Just want to have a little teary...

I have lost 10 kg and no one has noticed. I thought that if people hadn't seen me for a bit, they would see that I was getting smaller, but alas no. I had been away from work for 3 weeks.
I can see little changes; some of my clothes are looser.
Boo hoo hoo

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    It's not anywhere near Christmas. I hope you haven't been teary for ten months.

edit to say....interesting that you changed your post.....what happened to the reference to Christmas?

the most important thing is how YOU feel about you, it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you didn't do this for anyone else, just you. So go take yourself shopping and stop worrying whether anyone says something. Sometimes people are just dumb, they don't know what to say, they are oblivious, etc.

10kg=22 lbs. That's a great accomplishment! Enjoy it and revel in it, because you earned it.
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    People often don't like to say things because they're worried it might sound rude. To a lot of people saying "You've lost weight" sounds like "You used to be really fat. Now you're a little bit less fat". I'm sure people have noticed it and they're just worried about sounding rude.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    no worries! back when I dropped about 70 lbs back (ten years ago...dammit, why did I gain it again)...nobody noticed my weight until I dropped over 30-40 lbs. sometimes, it just happens that way.

good job on the 10 kg!!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    People often don't like to say things because they're worried it might sound rude. To a lot of people saying "You've lost weight" sounds like "You used to be really fat. Now you're a little bit less fat". I'm sure people have noticed it and they're just worried about sounding rude.
    Yup yup. It's kind of like the wise man's rule "Unless she brings it up - never mention a woman's pregnancy unless you see actual parts of another human being protruding from her body".
  • MrsWagz
    MrsWagz Posts: 41
    Options
    They may have noticed but aren't saying anything for fear of offending you.. I know a couple of people who get offended when others comment on their weight loss because to them it means people think there's weight to be lost. I'm sure you look great and don't let this discourage you!
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It's discouraging when you really WANT people to appreciate how hard you're working, but they just don't register it. Or maybe they do, but they don't SAY anything. I feel your pain. :(
  • jemedved
    Options
    I think sometimes people struggle with jealousy as well - they wish they were the one losing 10kg - sadly, sometimes people have a hard time celebrating others' successes and wins.

Well done!
  • mlindahl
    mlindahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for converting the kg to pounds. That is awesome amount to lose and everyone is right-don't worry what people notice-if you notice it-they will too soon. Maybe not sure what to say yet!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the issue I see here is that you're looking for validation from others. Stop feeling sorry for yourself as it's incredibly counter productive, take some pictures (pick one day per month and one outfit to do your photo update), take some measurements with a tape measure, and find a way to self validate . . . this is about you not them.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options

This! Sometimes I'll notice when people lose weight but I'm afraid to say anything unless I'm really close to the person. I noticed one of the cashiers at Safeway lost weight but it would be awkward to say anything.

Don't feel bad :)
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I agree with one of the above posters, what if someone said oh you look like you have lost weight and you weren't even trying, then women being women would be like oh you think I need to lose weight or you saying I was fat etc. It's a whole can of worms waiting to be opened. You have done a fantastic job and it was only when I hit thirty to thirty five lbs lost that suddenly people were like omg you have lost loads. Until then nothing. So I'm not sure what was happening in the meantime. Like one day I woke up and I was thinner!!!
    Keep going, you're doing fab!!!!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Just a thought...if you're still wearing your old clothes which you say are looser it won't show off your weight loss. A friend of mine lost 20lbs and although I could see her face was thinner she was still wearing her old clothes which were all baggy and hanging off her, really didn't do anything to show how much she'd lost. Now she's wearing lots of new stuff which fit nicely, you can really tell the difference she looks amazing!