I lost my motivation....

Options
2»

Replies

• sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Braunschweiger (named after Braunschweig, Germany) is a type of liverwurst (pork liver sausage) which, if stuffed in natural casings, is nearly always smoked. Commercial products often contain smoked bacon, and are stuffed into fibrous casings.

it's a completely disgusting food! The smell makes me gag. When I worked in the deli, I dreaded the days when someone would actually buy some!

We eat a lot of frozen chicken breasts. I only buy frozen chicken breasts, ground beef, salmon fillets, shrimp, hot dogs, and very little pork.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Two thoughts that I have found here that have helped me:

1. Re: logging every day: You don't have to enjoy it, or get bored by it. Do you get bored brushing your teeth twice a day? No, you just do it. So, logging should be like brushing your teeth. Just do it. Same with exercise, really, just do it and don't think about whether or not it bores you. Make it part of something you just do every day.

2. Re: exercise (again): Someone on these forums said something to the tune of: "If you exercise on a given day, you'll never regret it. If you choose not to exercise that day, you'll always regret it."
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    And we ALL know this journey does not have an EASY button.
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I got your motivation right here:

very-fat-woman-eating.jpg?w=408
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I believe there might be some things on my blog that could help. For starters, my workout blog has several ideas that can be done at and around your house with little or no equipment.

second, although my wife is very encouraging, she doesn't make the most nutritious meals. If I want to eat the way I know I should eat, I generally have to cook it myself. I don't mind because I'm controlling what I eat...and I don't mind cooking for 3-4 days at a time. If you're cooking, then you cook what you want to cook. If your husband wants something else, he will figure out how to make it. I learned how to cook and I make stuff everyone likes...without it being complicated at all. If your husband needs ideas, I have a blog with some of the meals I cook...he can read it.

third, I derive a lot of motivation from within...from what I hate about where I've been and what I really want to attain (i.e., see my will power blog). I also derive motivation from the benefits I have already experienced along my journey. I derive motivation and support from the MFP community, from Facebook friends and from my co-workers. But, most of all, the motivation comes from within.

Good luck to you and happy cooking.
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    360818231irt2vrhcc.jpg

WOW!!!! That is powerful!
  • newvictoria
    Options
    I stay positive, turn to my MFP support group when I need someone to lean on... they are always there.
    I stay focused to my goals.
    The motivation is within me. I need to lose the weight. I want a healhier lifestyle. The work has to be done by me!!

You can do this.....
  • speckled_1
    Options
    I don't mean to be rude by saying this at all ... stop making excuses!! I'm guilty of doing this sometimes too... ok often ;-). The only person you are doing this for is you, embrace that. When cooking: make 1 meal... I do, and my boyfriend never notices the difference between a "healthy" meal, and a high calorie meal... test that. As for exercise, walk, run, garden. If you have MFP, you have internet, maybe you can get some online cardio aerobics downloaded? Aerobic dvds are another idea, you can usually get them on super sale at Walmart, etc.
    -Do you do the groceries, or does he? If you do, cut out the junk.
    -And for positive support, MFP: add me as a friend, we can all use the support.
    Bottom line is, you will do it, if you really want to!! No one else can do it for you... but we are all here to support you in your struggle... 25lbs is amazing!!! you did that, you can certainly do another 15!