Bummed.....

Options
How can I gain 2lbs back! UGH! Does that mean I have to go out and workout harder now! I already walk at 3.7 with incline of 7.5% for 50 mins and 10 mins on the Elliptical machine. Then I do some strength training. What else can I add?

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    working out harder or longer is usually not the answer. actually, more rest and recovery might be the answer. I don't know how your food is going since your diary isn't open...but no need to exercise more.
  • rhae_18
    Options
    are you male or female?
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    No its possible its just extra water your body is holding. I try to weigh once a week on the same day at the same time. This seems to help keep me from noticing the ups and downs. I have gone up as much as 7 pounds in one day because I ate a little too much salt. The next day it was gone. If you weight everyday you have to be accepting of the ups and downs.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    any chance the increase has caused you to gain muscle???
  • rhae_18
    Options
    nm. i see you are female. umm if you are nearing your cycle you may just be retaining water...not sure if that helps.
  • piratepiet
    piratepiet Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    sounds good on the sports side - maybe you could check your calories again. maybe there is something you forget or something logged with less calories than it actually has. Maybe just increase the walking, i walk about an hour a day every day.
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday. Gained almost 2 pounds and have had a very good diet this week and great workouts, don't sweat it, keep up what you are doing and make sure to let your body rest. In a few days they will probably be gone.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I can lose two pounds with a good poop.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I might add, it really is always the food. up to 80% of fat loss is your nutrition.

Also, you may want to beware of walking at that high of an incline for so long. It will induce shin splints. You would also benefit more from incorporating a HITT cardio routine into your plan and lastly, your body probably needs to get shakin up a bit, meaning you need to change things up.

You are welcome to message me if you are in need of specific training tips etc.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can lose two pounds with a good poop.

LOLOLOLOL, thats funny!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Be patient with yourself, and you'll get to where you want to be. We're learning here and getting better every day! Don't let an off week throw you. I would substitute/add different cardio workouts to vary my routine. I try to limit sugar and sodium every day, but limit them even more for the couple of days before my weigh-in, to reduce water retention. Don't let a little set-back hold you back, you'll get there!
  • MrsWagz
    MrsWagz Posts: 41
    Options
    Try not to get frustated with weight fluctuations. A lot can play a part in why the scale seems to not show the effort we are putting in.. Hormones play a huge part and if for some reason you are retaining water becuase of those hormones or a food you may have eaten. It's normal for your body to go up and down 2 or 3 lbs so don't sweat it! Make sure you are drinking a lot of water and weigh yourself at the same time no more than once a week. Any more than that and those fluctuations you see will drive you nuts!:noway: