How many miles/week do YOU run on average?

Options
This one is for all you runners out there! I was curious how long you have been running, and how many miles you put in per week, and ! AAAAAND GO!

I'm a beginner, and have been running only since the end of august and I put in between 15 and 20 miles per week. :)

Replies

• TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I'm a beginner, and have been running only since the end of august and I put in between 15 and 20 miles per week. :)

I've been running (off and on) for almost 12 years, and usually did 15-20 miles a week (before my injury this summer). LORDY, keep it up, girl. I don't think I'd call that distance "beginner."
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I run an average of 30-35 km a week.
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I've been running (off and on) for almost 12 years, and usually did 15-20 miles a week (before my injury this summer). LORDY, keep it up, girl. I don't think I'd call that distance "beginner."

Thank you! Im so flattered. Maybe since I've only been running for 2 months, i consider myself a beginner! I dunno what is considered beginner, intermediate, or advanced with running haha!
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Thank you! Im so flattered. Maybe since I've only been running for 2 months, i consider myself a beginner! I dunno what is considered beginner, intermediate, or advanced with running haha!

I mean i've been an athlete all my life with gymnastics starting at 3, then basketball, dancing, etc but NEVER did "Running"
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    15-20. When I start training again I will up it.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I have been running for 8 or 9 years & I run 35-40 miles per week. You're doing great!:drinker:
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I began running in May, graduated from C25K at the end of July, and average around 18 miles a week. Most ever was 24 miles.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I used to run 3 miles every day but I stopped about 10 years ago. I started running again in June and I'm up to 5-6 miles per day 5-6 days per week. So 25-36 miles per week, depending on my schedule.
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have been running since last fall (Sept/Oct 2010). I usually run 15-20 miles per week, but I also try to add some cross-training days such as the elliptical or 30DS.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    45 - 50 miles per week is pretty normal for me. When the kids are out of school I (and I have a little extra time in the mornings) I tend to run ~ 60 or so per week.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    about 40 per week.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Base building for a HIM in December, currently 25-30 miles per week.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I try to get in between 20 to 40 per week....

closer to 40 is perferable just depends on my work schedule
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    20-25 in an average week & no race to train for. Up to 40 when in training. As little as 10 right now since I only get about 2 days a week if that to run.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    On average? Not a lot - like 7.3 per week. Since I do HIIT, I go more by time/intensity rather than distance.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I try to get in between 20 to 40 per week....

closer to 40 is perferable just depends on my work schedule

And it sure shows, sexy!

I myself get in 15-20, mostly on the treadmill. I am not built like a runner though, so that is probably the max for me..
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I've only been running since the end of July, and I only run three days a week (do circuit training three days and rest one), and I'm super slow, so I probably average 2-3 miles per day, so 6-9 per week. You are definitely not the same category of beginner as me! LOL
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ive been running since 2009.

during marathon training 35-40 miles per week
    off season 20-30 miles per week
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Now I'm in marathon training, this week is about 40 miles, peak will be about 60. Normally with no event to train for it would be 25 ish miles max + cross training.

Running again since Jan 2010, but did a lot of running in the dim distant past.
  • MotherOfTwins2010
    MotherOfTwins2010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been running off and on for 10 years and I have been averaging 10-15 miles a week lately depending on how much time the twins let me have.