what scales do you use

Options
does anyone use the wii fit as scales?
there all i use maybe there one of the best ways to weigh your self because there digital ones??

whats your opinions?

Replies

• monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    i use the wii fit but i also own a scale. There is a 5 lbs difference. though I hate how the wii fit asks me how Much my clothes weigh,
    yesterday i had guessed they were heavy and today i guessed they were light. and then it told me I had gained 3 lbs since yesterday but my normal scale stayed the same,...
  • quizzer
    quizzer Posts: 17
    Options
    I've been using them purely as they give a digital reading, and I've no access to any other digial scales. However scales at my gym give me readings about half a stone lighter, and ancient scales lying around at work give me a reading somewhere in between! I'm sticking with them as a) they give worst case scenario reading and b) any of the scales will show me how much I've lost, as long as I stick with same ones for every reading.

I searched online before using them, and there seems to be a lot of doubt about their accuracy. One thing which I haven't suffered from which others have commented upon is a lack of consistency - tried weighing myself several times in a short period on a few occasions and always got the exact same readings.
  • Rookie1988
    Options
    I use the Wii for my weekly weigh ins
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I used a digital scale from Walmart - nothing fancy but it seems to be very accurate.
  • funkythreads2004
    funkythreads2004 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh at the gym every 2 weeks after my swim ;-)
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I use both a digital scale & a balance-beam scale. The digital scale is most accurate for me--even though they say the opposite. I've bounced to two or three different digital scales & have a weight within .5 of each other, so that's accurate enough for me. The balance-beam I use at the gym, & I get a different weight within 2-5 pounds depending. So...I say yes to digital scales ! :D
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Whatever scale you start with just stay with that one. My scale is 5 pounds off from the doctor's office but since I started with it, it is what I am going to stick with. It would be nice to have a scale that goes to a tenth of a pound...the visual loss of any amount on the scale is so encouraging. Mine only shows half pound increments.

What is important is that we are taking this weight loss journey. We will be healthier and live longer, too.