May or may not go here - Blemishes

Options
Alright, so I have been doing this for about a month and I have noticed one thing. My pimples have gotten worse! I wash my face everyday, and I am eating mainly non processed foods, so whats up with that?

At first my skin was clearing up, and now it seems worse than ever. I was told that it was the toxins trying to escape through my skin, and that it should go away soon. Is it just that?

Replies

• Crang81
    Crang81 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm not sure, but it happens to me when I workout hard. I breakout like a 15 year old teenager :laugh: No clue why, so I'm intrested in the responces you are going to get...
  • mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I have noticed the same thing! I just keep pushing the water & hoping it will get better!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising? The same thing happens to me when I exercise. I just try to wash my face immediately so sweat doesn't stay on there. And I use the ProActiv astringent that I had left over from a while back. Seems to be clearing up pretty decently.
  • vintx
    vintx Posts: 34
    Options
    you might be in a moderate detox where your body is getting rid of all the toxins from processed food and such. keep drinking a TON of water, use and antibacterial face wash and you should clear up soon. :)
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    your pores open up a lot when you workout (due to all the sweat) and all the makeup gets in. then when you're done working out, they close up and keep all the makeup and dirt inside. so just make sure you take your makeup off before you work out and wash your face after!
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I experience this phenomenon every time I do a cleanse or start eating cleaner, and periodically when I am losing weight. I have had it be everything from huge boils to little watery blistery bubbles, and I do believe that it is because your body recognizes an opportunity to get rid of some of the toxins it has stashed. I often find that I drop a few pounds quickly right after this happens, so for me it is a good sign. It seems to happen less and less over time.

We have to remember that our kidneys, liver and digestive tract are not the only eliminative organs we have. Our skin is a major one, so if you're having this problem, do all you can to help it along. A good soak in the tub, body scrubs or loofahs are great if the pimples are on your body or extremities. A mud facial (one that's right for your skin type) is great if it's on your face, but remember that if you have some deeply buried stuff, your breakout might worsen before it improves. Sweating is going to do the same thing - it is essentially deep cleaning the pores. I would use the same remedies for that as well.
  • suzyluzy
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. Turns out I am allergic to milk, eggs, avocado, tomato, corn, oranges, grapes, beef, pork--the list goes on! My food allergies contribute to my acne.
  • kjackson19865
    Options
    I have had the same problems and I noticed it getting worse when I work out it was nice to hear everyones suggestions on how to fix it they are very helpfull.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    This happened to me as well. I only changed two things and haven't had problems since. #1 I drink AT LEAST 2 liters of water a day and #2 I clean my face (usually shower) immediately after working out. I know it sucks to be an adult and have worse acne than when you were a teen. If it keeps up after you make changes for more than a few months talk to your Dr.

Good luck.
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I have been sturggling with this as well! i was just about to post.

Someone told me to try washing my face after each workout but that hasn't really helped either... but ive been stressed lately so that might be why for me...

Good luck getting answers
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. Turns out I am allergic to milk, eggs, avocado, tomato, corn, oranges, grapes, beef, pork--the list goes on! My food allergies contribute to my acne.

you sound like me!!!! Maybe thats why i break out so much... lots of fruits and veggies make me itch but i have been eating them anyway lately because they are healthy... hmmmm