Replies

• clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    neither do i!!!
  • bsgillkc
    bsgillkc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing...I feel kind of stupid, like I completely missed something.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump is a way to mark the topic so you can re-visit the conversation at a later time.
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bring Up My Post

To bring threads back to the top of the list in a forum
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    it means that person wants to bump the tread to the top of the list on the category home page either to get more attention to it or get it into their thread history.
  • ChrisIn757
    ChrisIn757 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump is a word used in message boards to get people to start commenting on a subject again when the thread has stopped being commented on.
  • ceabelle
    Options
    If someone "bumps" a thread in a forum, it means that they are making that thread go back to the topmost point of the forum, thus allowing more people to see it since it may have "sunk" down off of the first page or first pages of the forum threads.
  • jmbella
    jmbella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way! I think I figured it out though. When a thread gets old, people will just post bump to 'bump' it to the top to make it a recent thread again. yes? no? maybe? lol.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I was feeling the same way! I think I figured it out though. When a thread gets old, people will just post bump to 'bump' it to the top to make it a recent thread again. yes? no? maybe? lol.

Yep. Except it seems like people here will also 'bump' it so they can find it later via their "recent forum posts" instead of bookmarking or emailing the link to themselves...
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    bump.gif
  • bhawkins0711
    bhawkins0711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thanks! makes sense now
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump.gif