Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder vs Body by Vi???

Options
Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder vs Body by Vi??? Is there a huge differnce in them? Just wondering. I have friends selling the Body By Vi but I think its expensive.

Replies

• Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I would start by compareing the ingredient lists of both
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I believe Body by Vi is soy protein and Body Fortess is Whey protein... Aside from that you would just have to compare nutritional info on both as well as price..
  • Gretchen27
    Gretchen27 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think the Visalus has more vitamins in it. Protein powder isn't really meant to be a meal replacement like the Visalus is.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I would start by compareing the ingredient lists of both

Ditto.
    Also: check out the carb counts, sugar & fat amounts, etc.
    Also, consider what you're going to use it for: if you want a boost for energy right before a workout, choose one with both protein & carbs. But if you're just using it for a snack or meal replacement or after-workout, choose one with fewer or no carbs.
    You should be able to google both kinds & find the nutritional info somewhere online so you can compare them.
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of process they use for the whey in the product. Some processes produce a lot of bloating and water retention. Soy and whey can be a killer for women - especially soy due to the fact that soy stimulates the estrogren cells in the body allowing bloating and puffiness not to mention fat gain.

Check out the process on the whey they are using in the product and see if they remove the latose (milk sugars) out of it.

Also, check the "ingredient list" - not the nutritional values list. Whatever is at the top of the list on the ingredient list, is the most concentrated - I find a lot of these products are sugar loads disguised as "protein" products.

The cleaner the product, the better - especially for us girls.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I have seen the ingredients on the Body by VI and dont agree that it is a good choice as a meal replacement. Also with that come alone the fact the point of it is to SELL SELL and make money.

It does not compare to Shakeology. Shakeology ingredents I agree with. Reserch soy protiens and for women and how they may not be the best choice.

READ THE INGREDIENTS
    If there is artifical sweetners and colors and a long list of ingredients you can not read. Its probably not a good choice. Good rule of thumb if the ingredient list is a mile long and you can not pronounce or know what the name means dont put it in the body
  • dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have used both & sell neither....with that said: Nutricion wise BBV is way better, in my opinion in taste it is too. Price wise it is expensive but the scoop size is a lot smaller so you use less, there for it cost me about the same, the few extra $ for BBV was saved in the gas going to walmart to buy the other. BUT it is the SOY vs WHEY that got me. The soy put so much extra estogen in my body that I became a raging PMS machine, now I have been on DEPO for years & have been told this could have had something to do with it, but that was my experience; so after a month I had to quit the BBV. It also gave me horrible painful gas, another downside. But I loved it & did great with it in the beginning.
    Hope this helps.
  • joonyour13
    Options
    I agree , for the Fellas...watch out for that soy...you wanna build muscle?... Raising your estrogen levels is NOT the way to go. Soy is Soy no matter how that print it on the package. Especially since the FDA doesn't require them to state how much Soy is in the ingredients. Yes it may taste good but we all know something other than just plain sugar has to make it taste that good.
  • Amanderface
    Options
    Body by Vi's soy protein has had the isoflavons removed so there is no estrogen issues. Also they have soy AND whey.
    People are losing alot of weight on BBVi and alot of them are only paying for shipping cost, that doesn't sound too expensive to me. As a meal replacement it would be hard to compare to a protein powder but sinc eyou asked the Vi shakes would have to be the winner here since it is meant for so many more purposes.

(side note) I don't agree with the advice to not eat what you can't pronounce or know what it is either... I saw riboflavin in the ingredients list of a food I was planning to buy but I didn't know how to say it or what it was along with other things on the list but I bought it anyway cause instead of saying I wont eat that I figured I should learn what that is and I found out it was vitamin B-2 which was something my diet needed alot more of at the time so I'll let you all sleep on that.

Blah blah blah... sorry for the run ons. My mind is not in the message board mode right now, I hope what I said is at least alittle coherent .