exercise advice.

Options
I have tried to do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and my knees give me lots of problems. So I am now back to square one when it comes to exercise.

any advised on what will not hurt my knees ( my age is catching up with me) lol.

please help

Replies

• JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics!! I love it! It is so fun, plus you get to be in the pool!
  • hd2208
    hd2208 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i agree, aqua. we do an aqua zumba class and it has people of all ages, all abilities and with a whole list of bad hips/knees/backs etc. Everyone is able to take part and we have a proper gigge. x
  • tonie13
    tonie13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i have problems with my knees but find the cross trainers at the gym useful

if you are exercising outside, try and get on the grass as its less impact!
  • chchchangess
    Options
    that's why I stopped doing 30DS. :( what I did was take some of the exercises that I could do from her videos and then found some more that targeted specific body parts online and wrote up a couple personalized lists for myself.
  • BhanGoes
    BhanGoes Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Definitely swimming. No-impact and huge calorie burn.
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    pool is not an option for me nor is the gym. has to be an at home exercise.

thanks
  • txhunnygirl
    Options
    think you should try yoga. You can Google it and find lots of sites that show you the best poses. Yoga is not only burns calories but it keeps your muscles stretch so they look longer and leaner. This will help you notice results faster. Just make sure you keep your body aligned and don't over do it. Just stretch until you feel a slight stretch. Don't do it until it hurts.
  • txhunnygirl
    Options
    Youtube has good videos too. Another thing you can do at home is belly dancing. It is a lot of fun and will really work your mid section. You may feel silly at first but once you get the hang of it you will be hooked! Youtube has those videos too. I DVR them on Directv.