Going wine tasting for my friend's bday

Options
I hope it doesn't add too many calories :/ I wont be able to exercise that day either!

Replies

• hd2208
    hd2208 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    is proper wine tasting not when you spit it out.....that would save caoried but if your friends are anything like my friends they wont be up for spitting it out, lol. x
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Technically speaking, aren't you supposed to spit out the wine that you taste?
    Best of both worlds?
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    is proper wine tasting not when you spit it out.....that would save caoried but if your friends are anything like my friends they wont be up for spitting it out, lol. x

Really?? Yeah, I don't think they are expecting us to spit it out!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    just drink the damned wine and have a nice time. Eat responsibly that day and have a good time. You could also do half the tastings, or do only reds or whites for the day to reduce your wine consumption.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    mmmm wine! have fun!!!
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Live a little!
    If you're eating well and exercising, one night of being a boozehound is not going to kill you.
    Just try not to eat an entire pizza on the way home or anything.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I travel to NorCal to buy wine in Spring. Historically, I drink the wine that I taste and this year, as I was planning my trip, I realized that drinking wine would not help me accomplish my dietary and fitness goals so I decided to not drink this year.

In my three day trip, I tasted 63 wines and drank only one, a reserve zin that was $60 per bottle. The wine maker was serving the wine and he was thrilled that I broke my diet to consume his wine.

Most folks drink wine while tasting but there's no need to do so. Check for an adequately sized dump bucket in the tasting room. if you don't see one when you walk in, ask the staff to get one and they shouldn't have a problem with that 'cause that's part of their job.

Whether you should consume the wine you taste is a very personal decision. For me, I don't believe in "cheat days" — they're just another day and if a person decides to eat a lot of calories, that's their decision. When I decided to lose weight I did so because I'd been fat "for long enough" and I executed an aggressive, low calorie diet. It worked.

So, there's nothing wrong with drinking the wine that you taste. After all, it's just calories, right?
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I hope it doesn't add too many calories :/ I wont be able to exercise that day either!

I live in wine country and go wine tasting all the time. Going to 2 wineries, I end up only with maybe a total of a glass and a half of wine from all the tastings... you usually get just a little sip to taste for each tasting. Try to stay within your limits on food, but just enjoy your day, and def enjoy your wine, and keep yourself on track afterwards. It's no biggie.