Who wears a spi-belt

Options
I'm looking into getting a spi-belt to wear during my half. I just want to make sure that its comfortable. Does it bounce or move around while your running? Will my iphone, keys and GU paks fit in it?

Replies

• violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've worn one for two marathons and a few half marathons. it doesn't bounce around and I was able to stuff several gel's, keys, and my phone in there. I don't even notice I'm wearing it! :)
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Is this a belt that Inspector Gadget would have?
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    anything you get, you need to get used to it. i hope you have enough time to train with it on. when is your race?
  • Pickedlast4gym
    Options
    Amen on the training.....engineman....interested in the gold coaast triathlon!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    anything you get, you need to get used to it. i hope you have enough time to train with it on. when is your race?

Nov 13th
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

that DID make me laugh out loud. Im guessing it's my immature personality. thanks for the laugh.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

No, Brain would wear it along with his Idog collar. Penny lost her running after Dr Claw

Now what the heck is a spi-belt?
  • sharonsjones
    Options

that DID make me laugh out loud. Im guessing it's my immature personality. thanks for the laugh.

I did too! :laugh:
  • sharonsjones
    Options

No, Brain would wear it along with his Idog collar. Penny lost her running after Dr Claw

Its a belt that you wear around your waist that you can carry small items in. Its not supposed to slip or bounce while you run.
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I got one about 2 weeks ago and it is great for running. It doesn't move or bounce around when you run. It is small though, but I have an old Ipod from 2004 and it is pretty large. There is plenty of room for it though and I can probably put another small item in it as well. It is so much better than an arm band. Those are a pain in the butt.
    Hope this helps. I purchased mine from Amazon.

Tracy
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

There are some damn funny MFP'ers....that was well played!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted a spi-belt to carry all my spy tools in....I want the Inspector Gadget hat too. How cool would it be to have a helicopter in your hat?!
  • sharonsjones
    Options
    I've always wanted a spi-belt to carry all my spy tools in....I want the Inspector Gadget hat too. How cool would it be to have a helicopter in your hat?!

That would be freaking awesome, except it would stall mid air and down I would go!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I used to use one, but I found that after many runs using it, it did begin to bounce around and became completely annoying. Now, I use Race Ready shorts that have pockets all across the back. These work perfectly for me.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm checking e-bay for a camouflage fanny pack. Cant see wearing a spi-belt on the treadmill at the gym. No one would notice my cat-like speed and stability at 4.0mph watching Maury at 2pm. You are not my spi-belt!!
  • sharonsjones
    Options
    I used to use one, but I found that after many runs using it, it did begin to bounce around and became completely annoying. Now, I use Race Ready shorts that have pockets all across the back. These work perfectly for me.

I never thought of those. Thanks
  • sharonsjones
    Options
    I'm checking e-bay for a camouflage fanny pack. Cant see wearing a spi-belt on the treadmill at the gym. No one would notice my cat-like speed and stability at 4.0mph watching Maury at 2pm. You are not my spi-belt!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I used to use one too, but it doesn't get tight enough and rides up. I now wear a Nathan belt with two water bottles on it for longer runs. It is very comfy and uses velcro for easy adjustment instead of those infuriating things where you have to slide the straps.