Why are my calories burned going down?

Options
So question...recently, I've noticed that the amount of calories I burn during a certain workout are going down considerably (like 250 calories). Just wondering why this might be? Background...in the last month, I changed my goals from losing 1 lb. per week to 1.5 lbs. per week, so my calorie amount is down. I've noticed that it doesn't seem quite as difficult, but I don't think I've changed the intensity of my workout at all. Would that have anything to do with it? I also like this particular workout...I do it 1-2 times per week. Would it be that my body is just getting too used to it? Or maybe cause I might be in better shape? I'm not really upset about it, but this one was my big calorie burner. Not so much anymore. Just wondering why is all? Any ideas would be great! Thanks! :)

Replies

• Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Your fitness is improving!! It was like that for me too. I was like wtf. Then it made sense because I was doing the same activity but it was easier. Also if there is any weight loss, that would effect it too. If you weigh less you tend to burn less. I'm not quite sure how to explain it. Before I got a HRM I logged my exercise as circuit training and it would say 300 cal burn for 30 mintues. When I logged my weight loss, and then logged exercise it would go down to 280 cal burn for 30 minutes.