Large Lady Lumps! Let's talk about BRAS

Options
Branching off another subject that was about sports bras; Where do you large breasted ladies buy your every day bras?

I am so tired of granny bras being the only option that's reasonable. I get my GOOD ones at Lane Bryant, but it's about $40 for ONE good, cute bra! Any other options out there? Especially ones with good support, since the weight loss has made my breasts age like 10 years :(

Replies

• candylw
    candylw Posts: 37
    Options
    go to justmysize website and u can find good workout bras there...i have had one of mine for 3 years and its super comfortable i think i paid 20 or 25 for it if i can remember right....
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I order online because it's tricky finding my size in stores. My best sports bra is a Shock Absorber (~$65). I had a fitting done at a bra store near me (www.myintimacy.com - not sure if you're in the US or not) and found that my bra size is not what I thought it was - like a lot of women! It's worth having someone fit you at a good bra shop if you can.
  • candylw
    Options
    everyday bras or sports bras...i also go to fredericks for my everyday bras...
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I get mine a JCPenney. :) The Ambrielle ones are amazing! They are cute/sexy but still great support and comfort for the well endowed lol
  • Tzipporah90
    Options
    I dont know if this store is country wide but in Missouri we have Ann's Bra Shop where they fit you and bring the sizes and styles you like to your fitting room(my type of shopping!!!) They go up to God knows what size!! If ZZ was an option theyd go up to it. Google it, they may have one in your area.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I go to specialized stores for my bras. Its very hard to find my size in regular stores, and sadly they cost around 100 bucks. But specialized stores always have them. Don't know if they are franchised but The Cats Pyjamas is awesome.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    $40 is not expensive for a good bra, no matter what size you are.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    go to justmysize website and u can find good workout bras there...i have had one of mine for 3 years and its super comfortable i think i paid 20 or 25 for it if i can remember right....

It is www.jms.com I have been shopping that site for years. Great clothes, I love that they carry Champion brand work out clothes.
    They carry every kind of bra imaginable and cute ones too!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Mine are usually around $60 from Nordstroms. Only department stores carry the size I need. I buy Fantasie and Chantelle since they have the best fit. I have to buy specialty bras because I have a very small band size compared to the cup size. (32E)

I did get a professional fitting. Best thing I ever did!
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    Fashion Bug has really pretty & sexy bras as well as nice sport-type ones. It's great when you can catch one of their "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sales. Their prices are very reasonable, too. If you don't have a store near you, they're also online. Good luck! :)
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    everyday bras or sports bras...i also go to fredericks for my everyday bras...

Oh, I didn't know Fredericks made bigger bras. I'll have to check it out
  • candylw
    Options
    yes they do i get the extreme cleavage bras and take out the pad.... they seem to last the longest of all the differetn ones i have owned and the most comfortable with LOTS of support
  • Quilter1024
    Options
    I do not know from where you hale, but I went for a professional bra fitting. At a store that is specific to bra's (Barbara's in Indianapolis). Actually, my daughter gave me the fitting and bras as a gift because she was sooooooo pleased. I commented on her figure one day (6 months ago) and she said no she had not lost weight, just lifted. It was and is amazing. Now, my tip for you, is. Purchase the bra and wear it for a while. I had always felt like I had one big one. Now I actually have two breasts. They did lift and separate, it is fantastic. If you like the bra, either wait for a sale or purchase additional ones on line. I do not live in Indiana and the closet major retail area to me is 45 - 60 minutes away. I do lots of shopping on line. So once I had all the information, I looked for the best buy. One of the best purchases I have ever made is a great fitting bra. I stand up straighter, I look slimmer, and I feel better about my appearance. Take care.