I Need Hostess Gift Ideas!

Options
theaterfan23
theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
I will be leaving for South Carolina next week to visit good friends that I have not seen in 6 years and I would like suggestions for hostess gifts that travel easy! My friends are in their later 20's(wife) and mid-30's(husband) and they have a 4 year old son. I would like suggestions for gifts for each person but also suggestions for family gifts as well!

Replies

• jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    people usually appreciate regional gifts....I'm from Seattle,WA - and i usually will take smoked salmon or coffee to someone....or women generally appreciate lotions/body wash...that kind of stuff. Have a good trip!
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Alternatively...send it as a thank you after the fact. We visited friends in Europe and took notes on the things they were missing etc, and sent those when we got home.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like to take potholders, or tea towels, they are light and pack easy. A good family gift can be a box of local chocolates or a little banana bread (trying to consider the non-liquid aspect of travel,but, I do like to bring local honey if I am checking bags). A Jigsaw puzzle is nice for a family gift, or a gift card to their neighborhood grocery store, movie theater or bakeshop. You are sweet to leave a hostess gift. A nice tradition.
  • SusanWinters
    Options
    I bought a set of 4 candles/ $20 from Sam's club. I am going to use them for teacher gifts. They come in their own boxes so all you have to do is put a ribbon around them. Latest thing for little boys I know of is anything from the Cars 2 movie... Men, who knows?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you have some good local gifts, those are definitely a great idea. I live in the desert so it could be prickly pear candy, local chocolates, a small cactus, a t-shirt from the Univ. of Arizona, Desert Museum or Old Tucson, etc. I usually bring something for each person and then try to find something for the family while I'm there by keeping my eyes open for something they need. One trip, years ago, we visited the family of some friends of ours (with said friends, of course) for a wedding. They had a basketball hoop in the back yard without a net. We bought them a net, along with a few other trinkets.