Fruit

Options
Could someone please tell me which are the best fruits too eat. The ones with less in calories and less in sugar.

Replies

• Arynamber
    Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I go by ones on the low glycemic index. I eat a lot of apples.. and stay away from things like watermelon
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    blackberries,raspberries,blueberries are low in sugar and high in fiber
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't focus too much on which fruits are "bad". They are natural sugars and not processed. Do what makes you feel best :D
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    fruit sugar is natural, for the most part it doesn't do much to blood sugar levels and they are pretty healthy.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If it's a fruit, eat it.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I don't discriminate. Every fruit has something to offer you, if you give it the chance.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    If it's a fruit, eat it.

Unless it lands you in the hospital. I learned this lesson.
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    I don't discriminate when it comes to fruit. I love them all and would never give them up!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist encourages people to eat lots of melon and berries, but to go easy on the bananas. And in my (completely non-professional) opinion, dried fruit is really closer to candy and should be considered as such.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Fruit is nature's candy.
  • lesliedionne
    Options
    I know what your saying\asking but you really can't go wrong when your talking about Fruits or Veggies... EAT all you want. seriously. LOL
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    things with a lot of water seem to have fewer calories, like apples and watermelons. but fruit is so much better than processed crap, so as long as you don't go overboard (like i do during apple season.....almost a pound/half kg a day.......) then you should be fine!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If you pick a mango from a tree. Wash it first. Sap will give you sores. Sores around the mouth make people look at you funny.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Eat fruit! The only one to really watch are bananas which contain a lot of potassium and if you overdo it, it can have adverse effects. Dried fruit is fine if you eat it as per ordinary fruit i.e. a dried apricot = a fresh apricot without water. If you sit and eat 10 dried apricots ... The main rule I use is veggies unlimited, fruits limited to maximum 4 portions. Now I'm going to eat an apple!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly even banana's have been listed in the top 10 super foods:

9. Bananas

It's a myth that bananas are fattening. Bananas are slightly higher in energy than other fruits but the calories come mainly from carbohydrate; excellent for refuelling before, during or after exercise.

All types of fruit and vegetables contain plant chemicals or phytochemicals known as antioxidants. These antioxidants protect cells in the body against damage from free radicals that can cause heart disease and cancer.

Bananas are also jam-packed with potassium that helps lower blood pressure, and vitamin B6 for healthy skin and hair.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-369042/The-10-super-foods.html#ixzz1bpUk2zf7
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    BERRIES! yum!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    If you want a "quasi" fruit, go with tomatoes or cucumbers. Although, I love all kinds of fruit. They've been what has saved me from going crazy with sugar cravings. My faves are watermelons, grapes, and bananas. =)
  • mrsjoseywales29
    Options
    thanks everyone for all ur suggestions
  • FrankWorsley
    FrankWorsley Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fill yourself with delicious fruits and vegetables and they'll be no room left for ice cream, chips, and candy.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to stay away from fruits if I want to lose weight and I still don't understand it!! I love fruit! I am not a fan of veggies however I try to eat something (salad, carrots ... something that I can at least handle!) every day and then some fruit.