Strange Physical Feelings?

Options
I'm wondering if anyone else has the same odd physical feelings that I've had lately every time I reduce the amount of food I eat.

I get the physical feeling that something is being drawn out of me, especially around my chest, shoulders and stomach area. It's really strange to describe but it's almost like something is being leached out of me.

Does anyone else feel the same thing? Maybe this is what they call withdraw or detox?

I'd be interested in hearing your views. Thanks

Replies

• CNYKrista
    Options
    is it like hunger pains?
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    maybe its the fat leaving your body ;)
  • fitness4meAU
    fitness4meAU Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Krista40, no I don't think so, it does really hurt but just feelings like the life is being sucked out of me!? So bizarre! I've also felt really exhausted but I'm thinking thats because I'm catching up on 6 weeks of missing sleep. It could take a while.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I actually have the opposite effect. When I eat alot I can feel pressure in my 'love handle areas' lol
  • fitness4meAU
    Options
    maybe its the fat leaving your body ;)

Ohhhhh I do like that idea!!! Suck away! LOL :D
  • fitness4meAU
    Options
    I actually have the opposite effect. When I eat alot I can feel pressure in my 'love handle areas' lol

Interesting you should say that, yesterday I had lunch with a friend of mine and when I finished (which I didn't think I ate that much) my stomach hurt so bad and I actually thought to myself THIS is what it feels like to have eaten too much. I hadn't felt that feeling in years!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    haha it's the ghosts of fat past.
  • rv40
    rv40 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Krista40, no I don't think so, it does really hurt but just feelings like the life is being sucked out of me!? So bizarre! I've also felt really exhausted but I'm thinking thats because I'm catching up on 6 weeks of missing sleep. It could take a while.

There you go...6 weeks of missing sleep and eating less. You are putting plenty strain on your body. You sound like you may also be fatigue. Get some rest because it is very important when dieting and trying to stay healthy. Best wishes!!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Interesting you should say that, yesterday I had lunch with a friend of mine and when I finished (which I didn't think I ate that much) my stomach hurt so bad and I actually thought to myself THIS is what it feels like to have eaten too much. I hadn't felt that feeling in years!

Mine usually happens about an hour or two after eating....I have often said, I can actually feel myself getting fatter. haha
  • fitness4meAU
    Options
    haha it's the ghosts of fat past.

:tongue:
  • fitness4meAU
    Options

There you go...6 weeks of missing sleep and eating less. You are putting plenty strain on your body. You sound like you may also be fatigue. Get some rest because it is very important when dieting and trying to stay healthy. Best wishes!!

So naps are allowed! Yeah! :) Thanks, still trying to be "super woman". :blushing:
  • fitness4meAU
    Options

Mine usually happens about an hour or two after eating....I have often said, I can actually feel myself getting fatter. haha

That's what I'm feeling too then! LOL
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    How long were you working on this ? What have you given up and what have you started doing.

If you are concerned check a Doctor - as we here aren't.

BTW I'm an Aussie so you can add me as friend if you like.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I meant to say .....

If you are concerned check a Doctor - as we here aren't (doctors).

We are of course, concerned !

Silly Gary
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I could be several things. "Hunger" is actually a combination of things, responses that various body systems have simultaneously that make you realize you need to eat. There's the physical emptying of the stomach, later the shrinking of the stomach as it contracts because nothings in it. Your blood sugar, or levels of other nutrients in your blood may decrease. Various hormones including insulin play a role, and then there are psychological, social and individual behavioral cues that you associate with hunger (even if your not hungry). Also, your hydration level; many people will experience false hunger when they are simply thirsty.

So you might be experiencing one of these signals without the others, so that your brain doesn't associate the sensation with hunger, and is instead signaling a sensation you haven't encountered before. I'd recommend first making sure you're hydrated, then examine the nutrient balance in the food you've recently eaten that might cause an imbalance in your system.

I recently found out I was hypoglycemic and consequently switched to a low fat diet (not for everyone, but it works for me). I've found that since I changed what I ate, that I've been staying full longer, whereas I used to be able to eat to the point of being painfully stuffed, and would feel hungry 30 minutes to an hour later.