New and starved for support!

Options
Nobody really knows that I'm doing this and I just started today. My name is Beck and I'm very much overweight. I used to have an eating disorder and so lots of people around me are a bit too supportive of loving my body the way it is and avoiding dieting. They don't think I can do it without falling back into my dangerous ways. I know these people love me of course and they want me to be happy and healthy. They just don't realize that I've created an addiction to food on the way to being healthy! It's been a long time since my last big relapse and I'd just love to be healthy.

I want to have the body I deserve and start living my life while I'm still young and can still start over. I have to lose this weight now and I need some help to do that!

If anybody has either just started, just made their first goal, or lost some crazy awesome weight and has some advice for me or inspiring words I'd love to hear them. Even more than that I kind of need a bit of a mentor..To remind me of what I want, hold me responsible, and help me out. A pen pal kind of thing if anybody would want to do that! If not thats okay too! Anything helps to be honest.

Thanks so much for listening. I'm so tired of being held back by this weight.

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    10810_22_500_Welcome-To-The-Internet.jpg
  • PersnicketyFits
    Options
    Welcome. :) I'm just starting out here, too.
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

Never mind what everyone thinks,as long as you have faith in yourself anything is possible.
  • victoriaftw
    Options
    Hello :D I just started as well. I just followed you on tumblr, actually, before I saw you posted on this... pretty weird. :o
  • Jamah17
    Options
    Hi :) What you wrote is very much like my own life story.. I had an eating disorder and am now battling a food addiction while everyone around me is trying to make me eat! I want to start a healthy lifestyle now while I'm young as well and just enjoy life. I'd love to be friends if you'd like to too.
    :)
  • kikikinkx
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

Never mind what everyone thinks,as long as you have faith in yourself anything is possible.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm not new but I'd love to support you. I go through the same things with my family.
  • toopuretobepink
    Options
    Sweeet! Tumblr is awesome.
  • toopuretobepink
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome to the internet. Hahaha. You guys are so cool. Its really nice to have supportive people around. Especially some who kinda know where I'm coming from.