this is my 3rd day here

Options
I am 62 soon to be 63 and am about 100lbs overweight and so unhealthy. Have gained about 50 lbs in the last year since a back injury at work. I have just given up. Spending most of my day/night on the computer or reading and sleeping. Have been getting out and walking this week. So far, I have found staying on the calorie target has been very easy for me. Eating more raw foods and proteins. Looking forward to getting healthy and staying that way as much as possible. Of course, I know it gets harder as time goes a long and I start craving pizza, sweets etc. and eating out.

Replies

• rettab773
    rettab773 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! and good luck on your journey.
  • jessashcher
    Options
    good luck and don't cut out all your favorites because then the craving for them will soon catch up to you and you'll want to eat alot of it. When I crave a little of something I really like I just watch the portions I eat and keep within my calories. That satisfies me enough that I don't binge.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have back problems as well and it sucks. Today I leant forward to clean my teeth and spent the day in pain, sometimes it is so bad I have had traction.

However the less weight you carry the better for your back and the more you excercise especially your core muscles the more support they give your back.

It is good you are trying to get fitter your back will thank you for it, Keep up the good work, you will find lots of support here, there are people in the same position that can give you advice on suitable excercises and all kinds of other stuff.
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Welcome to the site. There are a lot of really supportive people here.
    Check out recipes to try that are healthy and low cal. I have a ton to lose but am off to a good start. I gained about 100 lbs last year and was already way too big to begin with.

I have trouble exercising because I worked in a nursing position at 400lbs plus and wore away all of the cartilage in my ankles and knees but there are lots of workouts on you tube and some on tv that can be done from a sitting position. I have to do them because I can't walk around the block without crying. I'm hoping that as the weight comes off I might be able to get knee replacements.

Everyone has a different way of doing it. Just try some and see what works for you.

Glad to have you here. :flowerforyou:
    Tiffany
  • shesgrand
    shesgrand Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Its my fifth day, and I know how you feel by wanting to go and eat those foods that just seem to scream "I make you happy!", lol. Other diet plans always left me wanting to cheat on them and eat as I wanted to. This one seems to make it easier for me because I can have a moderate cheat and still stay on goal. I wish you lots of luck in your journey to the healthy side. We are with you. :)