My calf is killing me!

Options
idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
I have been following new rules of lifting for women. My calf started hurting a little recently I guess since I started a new stage. There's lots of leg exrecises(static lunges, split squats, etc). This morning it was sore and then I did the elliptical. Since then it's really hurting. It's sore and achy and my foot aches a bit too. I'm even limping a little. I've been massaging and stretching it all day to no avail. Is there anything I can do to make it feel better? I'm supposed to work out tomorrow but I don't know if I can if I feel this way in the morning.

Replies

• nibeck508
    Options
    I've been having the same problems. My hamstrings/calves are extremely tight. I've recently been doing a lot of leg lifts on the bottom step and walk for five minutes before I start running with lots of stretching afterwards.

Mine are still tight but they've been slowly getting better. Hope that helps!
  • nursechelsii
    nursechelsii Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try Tiger Balm and relaxation. You most likely pulled your muscle. Heat works well too, but do not mix the heating pad with the Tiger Balm as it could cause burns to your skin.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    So heat is ok? I've read that I should be applying ice. I never know which application is the right one for a pulled muscle. I don't have Tiger Balm so I can't apply that anyway.