If i was to eat 1200 calories a day but do no excercise coul

Options
Or do i have to do excercise ??

Replies

• Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you eat less than your BMR you will lose weight w/o exercise but working out, even a walk for 30 minutes, allows you to eat more (which I love since I love food). If you want to change your shape and not just get smaller you will need to do some sort of activity.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can lose weight without exercising. Some people have physical limitations and are not able to exercise. I have read where others started out very heavy making it hard to exercise and I person said they didn't exercise any during the first 50 pounds lost. Exercise is better but you don't have to if you stay withing your MFP guidelines.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You could lose weight but you wouldn't get stronger or fitter. Plus, Justin Bieber likes toned girls. I recommend exercise.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You could lose weight but you wouldn't get stronger or fitter. Plus, Justin Bieber likes toned girls. I recommend exercise.
    Damn I am neither toned or a girl....Justin why!!!!!!!:sad:
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    [/quote

I have nothing constructive to add that hasn't already been said, but ^ this made me giggle. LOL!!
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Lol when I first started I slowly brought myself down to a 1200 calorie diet range.. Steady losing no exercise beyond regular work exercise... Exercise isn't necesary just staying below your bmr (needed) calories. mfp will set you a calorie goal that is pretty close to correct for most just enter how many calories you want to take in on the goals section or tell them how much you want to lose under settings sections. But as you lose you prolly should imcorp some exercise so you don't plateau and stop losing and not stay on a steady one base calorie diet too long change by atleast a100 atleast once a week. :) best of luck
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You will lose but you will not get stronger
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    here's the difference between losing weight without exercise and with exercise.

without exercise: you look good dressed

2541617_f520.jpg

nicole_richie-3980.jpg

with exercise: you look good neked

78341.jpg
  • ONE03
    ONE03 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Oh you may like the number on the scale. Personally, I didn't like the way I fit in clothes still, thought my efforts were all wasted and gave up on the whole shabang. I ate healthy and walked miles daily. It just wasn't enough. If I had known what I do now, when I got to that weight, I would have just toned up with exercise (that got my heartbeat up. walking didn't do that for me) and weight lifting. This time around, I'm more informed, and things are actually a lot easier. With just 2 lbs lost, toned though, so manyyyyyyyyyy guys either stare at me (not flattering really :noway: ) or have hit on me even with my parents around. My dad wanted to smack the shizzies out of all of them. :laugh:

Consider doing Power 90. The workouts are really short. Every other day is cardio and the rest is strength training.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I initially lost my weight without exercising. I thought that would be fine because I thought I hated exercise. But when the weight was gone I still didn't look the way I wanted to. So I started lifing weights to build some muscle and am very happy now ... well maybe I'd like to have a bit more muscle. But I'm still working at it :)
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 50 lbs with little exercise, but now I'm starting to because I don't want to be all flabby and gross when I reach my goal.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    here's the difference between losing weight without exercise and with exercise.

without exercise: you look good dressed

2541617_f520.jpg

nicole_richie-3980.jpg

with exercise: you look good neked

78341.jpg

and this is why I exercise! :drinker:
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I initially lost my weight without exercising. I thought that would be fine because I thought I hated exercise. But when the weight was gone I still didn't look the way I wanted to. So I started lifing weights to build some muscle and am very happy now ... well maybe I'd like to have a bit more muscle. But I'm still working at it :)
    I did the same. I lost more than 30 pounds by calorie restriction, and slowly added in exercise. I was happy with seeing myself get smaller but the real gratification has come from losing weight and inches while getting more and more toned.