Newbie has a question

There are days where I use all of my calories. There are other days where I do not leaving 250 or so calories on the table. There are days (mostly the weekends), were I go over my daily allowance. Is it OK to have the mindset that it all will balance out at the end of the week?

Replies

• comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Some people do it weekly, I personally don't.... ( I need lots of structure)

Find a system that works.... If you see that its working for you go for it,if not then stick to the daily limit.

If you go over, force yourself to exercise to earn those extra calories....
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    I think it's OK if you average out at your goal, but make sure you really are and not just thinking you are. It's easy to go 500 calories over for 5 days and be 100 calories under for 2 days and call it even!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    it works for some people, for others it doesnt. i usuallly find that im under my net calorie goal at the end of the week, and that works ok for me since my cheat day is sunday. even if i got over a lot, i have some calories "left over" from weekdays and i just dont stress about it
  • mneiswender
    mneiswender Posts: 6 Member
    What works for me is the surprisingly small amount of effort it takes to get a few bonus calories from exercise. Do some searches and see how many things you are willing to do that will yield a margin for you. If you've got your goals set right you should have enough calorie slack to eat during the day. Doing something as easy as a 45 min slow walk will get you enough for a couple hundred calories overage. If you can manage something more like a 60 min bike ride you can earn another meal's worth. Activity is the key... it takes less than you think if you are doing both cal limits and a little sweating. Good luck.
  • :smile: Thanks all, I appreciate the replies! I was scared to post, some of the threads I read went south.
  • I do 45 mins of circuit training, usually mon - thurs. This is were the overage come in. But on the weekend, mostly Sunday and Saturday, I'm over my calories. It's not by alot but I'll start paying closer attention. On the weekend its the "liquid french fries" aka alcohol that gets me.
  • kikitlo
    kikitlo Posts: 17 Member
    If you are strict and follow your diet 5 days a week and are not going crazy on those 2 days, you're good. Maybe throw in a longer cardio session or heavy lifting on those days. We all need a rest day (to let our body's recover) and a cheat day (to let our minds recover) during the week. :) Alcohol will kill any goal you have. Empty calories my friend, plus you usually feel like crap the next day and that kills your motivation. :drinker:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    I love your pic! Go Redskins! well...actually i hope they lose the rest of the games this year so they can get a good QB. But next year Go Redskins!