April Challenge Anyone???

Options

Replies

• MightyMae1
    Options
    It looks like there is about 20 of us so far. Do you want to have weekly challenges or make it a game or anything? I'm not trying to be pushy, just want to generate some ideas so this thread (and our enthusiasm for it) doesn't fizzle out. April is a LONG way away right now!!!

Good luck to everyone. I have a lot of weight to lose, ultimately about 100 lbs, but I think I can lose about half of that by April. I think I'm going to find some sexy swimsuit online and hang the picture on my refridgerator to remind me to stay on track for my vacation in April. What are you guys doing to stay focused?

What are you all doing to work out? I'm just doing the elliptical machine at home right now, but need to add in some strength training too.
  • justme84x
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just came on to the forums to find a challenge and behold! here it is! haha and april is perfect for my goals as well. I just recently started back on my weight loss journey and have finally gotten myself to a point where it is no longer about the number on the scale. I have therefore decided to only weigh myself in every 3 weeks. My birthday is May 4 and my last weigh in right before that is April 27...one week before my 28th birthday. I want to lose atleast 55 pounds by then.

With that said... I am all for mini challenges to help us out on our journeys. Maybe we could do something like X amount of pushups throughout the week or an extra X minutes of cardio...just ideas! Anything to get us all closer to the goals we have set for ourselves :)

-Heather-
  • Trinaw
    Trinaw Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need all the help I can get. I have 35lbs to loose. I keep hopping from wwight watchers, to low carb and then back to MFP. This really does work when you stick to it. I just need the support, and I'm always up for a good challenge!
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    With that said... I am all for mini challenges to help us out on our journeys. Maybe we could do something like X amount of pushups throughout the week or an extra X minutes of cardio...just ideas! Anything to get us all closer to the goals we have set for ourselves :)

I think that is a great idea! It might be a good idea if we could set up a mini-goal for each month from now til April, for example in November we can all aim for doing at least 60mins of cardio 3 times a week, December can be staying within your daily calories (tough around the Holidays). Just a thought, something to keep us all motivated. :)
  • tpt42087
    tpt42087 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

I think that is a great idea! It might be a good idea if we could set up a mini-goal for each month from now til April, for example in November we can all aim for doing at least 60mins of cardio 3 times a week, December can be staying within your daily calories (tough around the Holidays). Just a thought, something to keep us all motivated. :)

Thats sound great to me :) So from now till December we are gonna try for 60 Minutes of cardio 3x a week. I like the push up's thing too What does everyone think about that also? And how many?
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Had am awesome workout today but was bumbed out and I almost ate all my calories back! I had a heavy dinner and thats what threw me off Im talking my diner was 1000+ Calories! I was doing amazing all day untill then but you know what tomorrow is a new day and I know I can do better! Weigh in tomorrow and Im not expecting any weigh loss :(
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Finished my workout and Im hot! lol I was thinking that starting tomorrow I am going to do my actual weigh in because it just works out better that way with some other challenges I am doing. Also I am going to try for 25 push ups a day for the next 7 days so 175 push ups I know its not much but my upper body just sucks!
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am up for 60 mins cardio at least 3 times per week too. I will attempt the push-ups but I warn you all now, I am terrible at standard push-ups. I am so bad that I basically am now doing wall push-ups till I gather the courage and strength to even try standard push-ups again...lol
  • janarmac
    janarmac Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm pumped!! This has been a rough week for me getting work outs in so this is just the motivation I need :)
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    I am in!!! My birthday is in March and everyone comes back from college in April/May so I wanna show everyone what a year can do!!!!!!
  • chrisja
    Options
    Did 30 minutes jogging and 48 minutes 3 mile Leslie Sansone for the Abs this morning for a total of 602 calories. Whats everybody up to?
  • 0namission
    Options
    April 2012 will be 1 year since I am back on MFP. I would love to challenge myself to get the best loss I can by then.

DITTO!
  • tpt42087
    Options
    I finished my push up's for the day they are hard as hell for me! lol Also did my day 4 of the 30 day shred and believe it or not it's getting easier for me ::happy: Not enough for me to move up a level but Im getting there! How is everyone doing today?
  • chrisja
    Options
    Didn't get to check in yesterday but I did my hour consisting of a 2 mile walk and jogging. Today is a rest day for me. What are you other guys up to?

Feels like everyone else has abandoned ship but us tpt42087. Oh well.
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Didn't get to check in yesterday but I did my hour consisting of a 2 mile walk and jogging. Today is a rest day for me. What are you other guys up to?

Feels like everyone else has abandoned ship but us tpt42087. Oh well.

Lol I know right! Well today was supossed to be my rest day but of course I still worked out. I started a 6 week workout thing on my Wii so right now Im doing my 30Day Shred then doing my Wii workout right after and it's a little over an hour doing both right now. The further I get in my 6 week challenge the longer my workouts get. I was gonna try and start hitting the gym again too but not to sure yet how my schedule is gonnas work out.

Great Job working out by the way! Keep up the good work!!!
  • chrisja
    Options
    Did a 4 mile walk this am for my 60 minutes but plan to go jogging after work....lets hope I find the energy to do it then. I am not very good at evening exercises at all.
  • tpt42087
    Options
    Yesterday was m day off my body really needed it! I got in both my workouts this morning and I feel great! I woke up thinking damn I just wanna stay in bed today! But I pushed threw it and I did what I had to do! Now gonna go to the mall and get some walking in. It's way to cold outside for my son! HAve a great day!

Chrisja I think we are the only one's here now :) Lol
  • chrisja
    Options
    It seems do indeed, but it doesn't really matter...lol

Did my 3 miles walk this am and 30 minutes jogging for a total of 78 minutes. Did my "wall push-ups" too...lol. Never got to do the jogging last evening. Dont know who I was fooling seeing that evening exercises are not my thing at all. I would really be forcing it.
  • justme84x
    Options
    wow what a week... and it just wont end!! lol planned on going to the gym for a mega workout today since it's the one day i get off this week with no running around left to do but then the phone rang and had to go get a sick little boy from school so no gym for me today :( I'm so sad! but I guess that's why I have resistance bands and dumbells and dvds right?? oh well. won't be as long of workout as i wished but will be some. I just get so distracted being at home with all the animals making noise all day and MFP right at my fingertips since I cant get it on my phone but I'm off! gotta do something....oh, eat breakfast first! I have found new oatmeal at walmart called Oat Revolution and OatFit . they are little packs of oatmeal with flax seed 5 packs for $1!! and they're tasty!
  • tschmelzer
    Options
    Checking in :) Doing 60 minutes of cardio today and 60 minutes of strength training tonight!!!!! Here I come April :) I will do push ups during my strength training class :) How is everyone else doing??