Replies

• jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    :happy: i got 50 squats in today decided to cut down for one day
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    Hi guys, didn't have a very good day yesterday either.

So yesterday.. didn't go quite as I planned.. things ended up getting crazy busy at the end of the work day. then home was even crazier... my ferret got stuck in wall for four hours!!! T_T I didn't think I would ever see him again. To explain there is a hold under one of the cabinets, the contractors just didn't fill it or whatever, Anyways, my boyfriend, grant, had friends over and one of them pulled out the blanket (more like corner of an old fleece blanket, I cut it up and stuck it up there so the ferret couldn't get in the wall. and it has worked perfect and you couldn't even tell it was there) because he thought it wasn't suppose to be there. Well when I got out of the shower I was looking for my boys to play with them (my two ferrets... ones named Ranger the other Gage.) I found Ranger right away but I couldn't find Gage for over half an hour, and I only have like 900 Sq feet to look through and over 200 of it is blocked off. plus another 100 or so cannot be reached by the ferrets. So I started to freak out, I was looking in his chair (its an arm chair that has a hole in the bottom that I filled with blanket so they could have a place of their own) when I heard scratching in the wall.

Needless to say, I was a mess four hours later when he finally came out of the wall.
    by then it was close to 11 pm and I reallly did not want to go work out.

Good news though!!!!
    I ordered a couple work out DVDs yesterday! im super excited to get them in a week!!!!

K sorry for such a long post! im lonely at work today and super tired.

<3 yal
    B
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Weigh in today for me was 219 YAY!!!
  • awestfall
    Options
    Also did another 100 squats.Great Job everyone with the challenge and keep it up!!:flowerforyou:
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    weigh in today 211.2 i'm back to what i was before my horrible two weeks! that makes me extremely happy, no squats yesterday :cry:
    oh well i'm going to work my butt off this weekend
    good luck i bet everyone did great
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    No squats for me the last few days. Legs were way to sore from the first set of squats. Finally feeling better today. So I'll be doing some tonight. I am at 217.2. I don't think I posted a weight the last week or too. At least I couldn't find what it was so I'll have to wait until next week to see what kind of gain or loss I have had.

Congrats jocelynnbug on getting back on the wagon and losing what you had gained back.

its_B~ I lover Ferrets. I can completely understand how you felt with the temporarillly missing ferret. I used to have 2 and one of them had pushed the window open while I was out and went down the balcony and stairs and was found playing in the grass. I still can't believe we ever found her. They sure are a blast to have.

awestfall~Wow 100 more squats that is awesome. Keep up the great work!

Purrr~ love the new profile pic!:laugh:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Purrr~ love the new profile pic!:laugh:

I'm too sexy for my cat too sexy for my cat
    Poor pu$$y poor pu$$y cat
    And I'm too sexy for this thread
    Too sexy for this thread cos I squat night and day

I'm a model you know what I mean
    And I do my chunky turn on the catwalk
    Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
    I shake my big touche on the catwalk

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Heya 200+, you know what this fluffy cat did today, she did 200+ squats or a friggin 250 squats to be precise. I felt guilty for skipping the squats some days this week so I thought I'd push myself some. :drinker:

AML, take your time to recover from the first sets of squats, I was the same the first day after doing 50 squats almost in succession. I would do some squats before like 10 in the morning and 10 in the evening so it wasn't like a new thing to my body but 50 fast ones was pushing it and my legs were sore, took me about 2 days until I felt better, then I managed to pull 100 the other day and now 250, it gets easier every time. I do them in sets of 10 or 20 throughout the day, taking short breaks in between sets or i go do some work in the house or on the computer then get up and do another set or 2, this way i don't get bored or hurting too much, it's a very nice excercise and doesn't need lotsa space or special equipment, so i'll be pulling some squats regularly even after the challenge ends. :flowerforyou:

ps: hmm MFP censured p u s s y cat in the song lyrics :huh:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOL Purrr Love your song!! Yea the day I did my squats was Tuesday after I went to the Gym. I had Jillian from Biggest Loser and the green team in the back of me head pushing me as hard as I could go at the gym. After that I came home and watched Biggest Loser and did my squats during comercial breaks. Then wednesday I went to the gym again and pushed almost as hard. I have finalyl recovered so I will be doing some squats tonight. I think I am with you Purrr on continuing with the swuats when the challenge is over. I think I am going to add some pushups and situps and lunges.
  • awestfall
    Options
    So how was everyones weigh in today? I just know everyone did well.As for a new challenge I am thinking since the weather here is rainy I am going to see how long I can jog in place to keep my heart rate up.If anyone wants to join in with this challenge feel free if not feel free to make suggestions of your own challenges you would like to do.:flowerforyou: Sorry I am not very good at coming up with challenges but I am trying I hope I will get better with practice lol:flowerforyou:
  • bj2007
    bj2007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are making my knees hurt!

:huh:
  • kiki75
    kiki75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Got 315 squats in for the week and managed to drop 2lbs. Yeah!!
  • Amber42803
    Amber42803 Posts: 143
    Options
    I tried joining up four days ago, but I think I was too late, possible today as well. I can't remember But I'm definately over 200 lbs. I'd love to join. Squats sound great!

Here's my current info:

SW: 284.6
    1stGW: 250.0
    2ndGW: 200.0
    3rdGW:180.0
    4th and final GW: 175.0

My plan is to be down at least 100 pounds by this time next year...Hard work is what it's gonna take! By this time next year I hope to be setting a new goal weight, but would be completely satisfied with 165.0

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • awestfall
    Options
    Well welcome to the group !! Its never to late to join here!! Our new challenge is to see how long you can jog in place or you can choose your own challenge this week .Whatever works best for you guys.:flowerforyou: WTG everyone on the squats challenge and on all the weight loss for this week.YOU ALL ARE ROCKSTARS!!:flowerforyou:
  • its_B
    Options
    aml0484 - OMG! I could not handle that!!! Im glad u understand though.. sigh ferrets are such tricky little dudes.

K.. so forgot to weigh in yesterday cuz of the insane schedual.. hold up...
    *goes and steps on scale*

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    CW= 223!!!!!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Now i feel super bummed... i gained 3 pounds cuz I wasnt working out this week!!! I NEEEED TO MAKE TIME TO WORK OUT!!!! SCHOOL > GYM but... GYM>FAT!

*feels like shes has gone through an emotional overload this week*
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

So what I was going to say before I went and got fatter was. Yesterday was a good day. Drank my water, kept up with my calories. still no exorcise for this week though! T_T its really bumming me out. I need to find time to work out but I simply have none available... sad sad sad sad . So I am at work today continuing to work on my papers. I managed to crank out the three small papers yesterday night, so that leaves me with only four more to go but two of those papers are over 20 pages. sigh. HEy! at least one is about my major though! How the Tourist Industry is the major causes of coral reef destruction. Sadly that is the paper I want to do most, and It is due last.. so I have to get the other three done first.

My Grandmother's surprise b-day party is today. and I am going to miss most of it because I am stuck at work.. which really bums me out. I hardly get to see my family from Ohio, so I was really looking forward to spending time with them.

ugh my day feels ruined now...
    <3 you guys!
    B
  • its_B
    Options
    oh! p.s.

HI AMBER!!!
    Welcome! I want to lose a 100 pounds too! we can do our journey together! ^_^
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    weigh in; missed it yesterday; baby had appointment but i am 220 still... but nonetheless, that was expected this week... Anyhow, my challenge will be cardio this week :-) I am trying to follow as closely as possible!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    50 squats, takin it easy today... isn't it time for a new challenge guys?
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Hi I would like to join this group!! I am a 200+ girl . My challenge for this week is to ride my bike 4 nights out of the 7 for at least 30 minutes. I am also walking the dog (and the kids) for 45 minutes each night this week. Did I see that weigh in is on Friday? Also I did ride my bike today for 35 minutes and I took the kids on a 34 minute walk. So I am actually off to a good start.:smile:
  • Appletini
    Appletini Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sorry haven't had a chance to post this week! So insane at work! Thank god it's spring break!!

Well I was able to squeeze in some squats while walking. I did about 200 this week, not as many as I had hoped, but it was good to get them in the routine and I think I"ll keep them!

What's the challenge this week?
    Crunches/ sit-ups maybe? What are some good arm exercises that can be done at home?

last week: 271.6
    CW- 269
    down 2.6! yay!

GW: 267
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi I would like to join this group!! I am a 200+ girl . My challenge for this week is to ride my bike 4 nights out of the 7 for at least 30 minutes. I am also walking the dog (and the kids) for 45 minutes each night this week. Did I see that weigh in is on Friday? Also I did ride my bike today for 35 minutes and I took the kids on a 34 minute walk. So I am actually off to a good start.:smile:
    Yes weigh in is Friday and you are welcome to join.And way to go on your physical activity.:flowerforyou: