Am I eating too much sugar?

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I would say yes.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    The majority of your sugar comes from fruits. So does it mean you should cut out fruits? No. I think your sugar consumption, though above your goal, is fine. It is not drastically above your the allotted limit.
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    See, I would say no... most of it is from fruit not processed carby carbs! Your sodium, while not in the red, is a little high... that would concern me more than the sugar...
  • Deb2012
    Deb2012 Posts: 124
    Options
    I wouldn't be overly concerned, it is high but most of that looks like it is coming from natural sources i.e fruit.

Maybe try finding a shake with less sugar though?
  • tiffany4183
    Options
    i don't count the sugar in fruit. it is a natural sugar.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    NO!
    You are doing great! As long as it is NATURAL sugars as in fruits(and vegetables) it is great.

If you were eating cupcakes and lolipops...that would be a totally bad story.

Keep up the great work!!!!!!
  • bhawkins0711
    bhawkins0711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and am insulin resistant. I take Metformin for that. So considering that and that most of the sugar is from fruit, am I still OK?
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    almost all your sugar is fruit related.. I wouldn't worry bout it less you need to be watching it for diabitic reasons.. Carb count is more important than sugar intake from what I've seen.. Wow way over on Protien.. are you trying to build muscle that's the olnly reason you shoul be over 80g protien in my book... I have trouble getting to 50g
  • bhawkins0711
    Options
    My trainer told me I need to be consuming about 150 g of protein a day!!! I have a hard time even getting to 100
  • traceymonroe
    traceymonroe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would have to ask how are your blood sugars? And most importantly, if your diabetic it's your overall carbs you need to concerned with, not so much the actual sugar. As long as you are counting your carbs out & spreading them thoughout the day regardless of where the "sugar" aka carbs comes from. You would treat insulin resistance the same as if your were diabetic. Especially if your already taking Metformin. Hopefully once you reach your goal you can come of this drug. Good luck!
  • bhawkins0711
    Options
    I would have to ask how are your blood sugars? And most importantly, if your diabetic it's your overall carbs you need to concerned with, not so much the actual sugar. As long as you are counting your carbs out & spreading them thoughout the day regardless of where the "sugar" aka carbs comes from.

I'm not a diabetic, so I don't check my blood sugars. I take Metformin for a GYN issue.