HELP PLEASE Goals wish you can use recomended then edit the

Options
I am using the custom goals so I can track carbs; Please let me know if I have done it correctly 43 year old female.

Net Calories Consumed* calories
Carbohydrates 165g
Protein 45g
Fat 40g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 20g
Monounsaturated Fat 20g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 300mg
Sodium 2500mg
Potassium 3500mg
Fiber 13.8g
Sugars 24g
Vitamin A 1000 %DV
Vitamin C 1000 %DV
Calcium 1000 %DV
Iron 1000 %DV

I am getting allot of headaches at night but it could be cause it going to be winter soon in Alberta

Replies

• Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You're going to get varying responses with saturated/polyunsaturated/monounsaturated fats, but I prescribe to the idea of trying to consume more monounsaturated than others, though none of those are entirely bad for you. (Evidence is showing Trans Fat is one of the ones to limit intake as much as possible of though). As far as the micronutrients go (vitamins/minerals), here's a helpful chart for that.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_Reference_Intake#Calculating_the_RDA

Some people may disagree with that as new research is always coming in. The best idea with micronutrients is to not fret over them too much, and just try to eat a variety of healthy foods.

Also, getting at least 25-35g of dietary fiber has been shown to be very beneficial to prevention of numerous types of cancer as well as heart disease, and it helps with feeling full.
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    This is how I would set it up

Net Calories Consumed* calories
    Carbohydrates 165g
    Protein 45g
    Fat 40g
    Saturated Fat 10g
    Polyunsaturated Fat These don't matter they're good fats just keep it at what MFP says. g
    Monounsaturated Fat These don't matter they're good fats just keep it at what MFP says, g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol no more than 300mg
    Sodium no more than 2500mg
    Potassium 3500mg
    Fiber 25g
    Sugars just use what MFP says these are arbitrary numbers when you start adding sugars from fruits. g
    Vitamin A 100 %DV
    Vitamin C 100 %DV
    Calcium 100 %DV
    Iron 100%DV
  • kujo2010
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I would take your sodium down to 1500mg a day - that's the Australian recommended maximum.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Like cpearcy said: You only need 100% of the vitamins. :)
  • kujo2010
    Options
    on my daily it says I am over at these amounts
    Vitamin A 100 %DV
    Vitamin C 100 %DV
    Calcium 100 %DV

Vitamin A 730 %DV
    Vitamin C 404 %DV
    Calcium 846 %DV
  • kujo2010
    Options
    Ouch I love salt
  • Jemmuno
    Options
    on my daily it says I am over at these amounts
    Vitamin A 100 %DV
    Vitamin C 100 %DV
    Calcium 100 %DV

Vitamin A 730 %DV
    Vitamin C 404 %DV
    Calcium 846 %DV

What do you eat? You must eat a lot of fruits to get such high Vit C, Do you eat a lot of carrots or drink a lot of carrot juice to get high vit A. Do you take a multivitamin? I have a hard time getting my calcium over 100 with a supplement.
  • kujo2010
    Options
    Pharmanex LifePak Nano & Vitality
    I do Visalus shakes sometimes I add fruit
    Carrots for snacks
    And the doctor always said 1000mg a day for "C"
  • Jemmuno
    Options
    Pharmanex LifePak Nano & Vitality
    I do Visalus shakes sometimes I add fruit
    Carrots for snacks
    And the doctor always said 1000mg a day for "C"

Do you know how often you go over these vitamins? it is ok to go over vitamins, but by 8x the recommended daily valuse can become problematic if it's for an extended period of time. I would ask your doctor about this, you might not have to take supplements if you get enough through your diet. Usually people get enought Vitamin C through their diet, tons of fruit have it. If you eat enough veggies I would guess you get enough of Vit A through your diet as well. My nutrition professor told me there hasn't been a lot of evidence of calcium over dosing, but it is important for woment to have enough calcium so as not to get osteoperosis and maintain bone strength, also if your on depo it's important to get enough calcium. I would definitley ask your doctor about going over on these vitamins continuously and for an extended period of time, because they can cause damage if taken in high quantities for extensive periods.
  • kujo2010
    Options
    I go over every day when it is set at 100
    I am wondering if it should be set at 1000 if it is mg

C & D as an example you should take 1000mg a day

So in this program what is the 100 ? units mg :indifferent:

Thanks again for your help :smile:
  • Jemmuno
    Options
    I go over every day when it is set at 100
    I am wondering if it should be set at 1000 if it is mg

C & D as an example you should take 1000mg a day

So in this program what is the 100 ? units mg :indifferent:

Thanks again for your help :smile:

The percentages aren't in mg its the percent recommended daily value so its recommened to take 1000-1500 mg of calcium a day if your percent daily value is at 100% and you eat 1000-1500 mg of calcium this spot will be full, but if you eat 800% that is 8000-12000mg of calcium.
  • kujo2010
    Options
    I will have to look at my diary and see where all these overages are cause I just can't see why it so much over
    Thanks for all your help
  • Jemmuno
    Options
    I will have to look at my diary and see where all these overages are cause I just can't see why it so much over
    Thanks for all your help

look at the daily percentages of all those supplements your taking. The only supplements I take is a womens one a day, fish oil, and one calcium supplement because I'm on depo I need I bit of extra calcium.
  • kujo2010
    Options
    I think it is wrong in this program how do I fix it? And what would I enter? I don't understand this mg, iu, mcg
    Vitamins in Pharmanex lifepak nano on the box
    C 250mg
    D 300IU
    K 20mcg
    A 1250IU
    B6 5mg
    B12 30mcg
    Calcium 300mg
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    There isn't an option to replace % with mg for vitamins, it's a pity but that's the way it is.

If you have concerns about the right amount of those vitamins and minerals to consume, I highly recommend that you talk to your doctor. Taking in much larger doses than recommended is not necessarily a good thing, and in some cases can be toxic.
    If you don't actually have a deficiency in any of those particular vitamins etc then you are just wasting your money with supplements.
  • kujo2010
    Options
    Thanks it is my doctors choice I am trying to say what is listed on this site is wrong and I have no idea how to change it because they don't put in MG what would be correct based on all the great coments above.
  • kujo2010
    Options
    Ps I love your "x" on impossiable