So happy to be here!

Options
Hello, I am new here but really love the site. I am in the middle of my journey so far, hoping soon to be at my goal. I know it's a slow road but so worth it. I've come a long way and will never go back.

I have lost 36 pounds so far on the HCG diet with the loving support of my Hubs who lost it with me and my daughter who is starting down her own path.

I hope to meet many and share your inspirations as I'm sure you will be mine! Anyone who has the will to work at conquering their weight is to be admired and esteemed. It's work no matter what means we choose and well worth it.

Much love to you all!
Sharon aka "Boog"

Replies

• NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will love this site. Best of luck on your healthy journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • dknowsbest
    dknowsbest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wow! congrats on the current weight loss! how is the hgc diet going for you so far? i've heard about it here and there, but i don't know anyone personally who has been on it. 36lbs is phenomenal :)
  • Beberni
    Beberni Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome! Its a great place to be. I love this site so far and have enjoyed entering my data and meeting new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • Pinacleo
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    D - about HCG, I was willing to try anything but I was scared to death at first. I worried so much that I couldn't do it, that there were dangers, that I'd feel weak, unsatisfied, sick, etc. Like most of us I had already tried everything out there but with thyroid issues that seemed never to be resolved I could never break through the 200 pound barrier. In other words, all the fat I have been carrying for ten+ years.

It wasn't easy but nothing impossible like I expected. I found many of the reasons I overeat is psychological. I would find myself saying, "I'm hungry," then when I thought about it, I wasn't at all! Then when I would get up in the morning and see a pound gone or so many oz. gone day after day I was spurred on to give it my all. Now, even when I am off the diet (for 4 months) I am conscience of what I'm eating and how much. I'm satisfied more quickly and food tastes so much better!

I never was a "bad" eater. I steered clear of processed foods and grease but I love bread, potatoes, and pastas. Those were my mainstays (for comfort and because they are cheap!) and were the hardest to let go of. I always thought eating healthy was expensive but HCG helped me see how eating right can be a real saver on the budget among other benefits.

I know HCG seems to many an easy way out, something you don't have to work for but I worked my tail off! I will never put my weight back on because I don't want to work like this again. Exercise is easy when your mind is straight, you have a new relationship with food and you know how to sacrifice.

Also I might mention, my husband went on it with me the first round and lost 38 pounds from April to June. He and are doing this together. A partner is key in HCG. It's not for everyone and may not even work for everyone. But it worked for me and I am finally past the 200 line! (And, my thyroid is finally regulated!)

Much success to all of you, regardless of your methods of getting there.
    Shar